help flashing back p2v+

Reaction score
Hay guys i was hoping someone could help me get my phantom 2 vision+ back to a firmware that doesn't have the descending limitation everytime I'm trying to come down from altitude with forward momentum with my left stick most of the way down if not all the way down my phantom slams into a hover really quite distracting and annoying seems like all of the flight characteristics are all shot to hell now so my question is which is the best firmware that still has the ability to have left stick all the way down and still maintain forward flight with the ability to still move right left if someone could link me to a step-by-step process or help me out I would appreciate it :)

I just updated to the newest firmware and switched to Naza mode both at the same time. Now I can descend at full speed (just over 4 mph) and still continue to maneuver in all directions. I don't know if the Naza mode or the new firmware made it possible. Before this I also was stuck in a hover when descending.

If you want to bypass the safety measures, why not switch to manual mode during descent ?
Then you can get down as fast as needed. Just need NAZA mode, and mapping it on lower position on S1.

Works great for faster descent. Remember to not go down in your own downdraft. Only descent with forward speed.

The guys who already responded suggested are great. I just wanted to chime in and say for anyone else that reads this that v3.0 is currently the best firmware version on both the Vision & Vision Plus. I have used all, and v3.0 is the best all around version. I try to stress to anyone who recently bought a vPlus to not do the upgrade. I'm afraid when they connect to the Assistant their 1st time they will do the upgrade not knowing they're in for some issues which will only give them the wrong impression about their investment. When it ask you to upgrade just close out and continue on into the assistant like normal.

If you want forward motion with descent do not pull the throttle all the way down. Just shy of completely down and it will still descend while moving forward. Really tight circles will also reduce altitude very quickly. I can easily come down 3-4x faster then simply pulling the throttle down and hovering while descending.

Thanks guys flynfrank!! Can you tell me how to get back to 3.0 and do i need to flash the controller (tx) as well just did the full round of firmware updates for phantom and tx wishing i had not...... so 3.0 does not have the descent issues and if so could you walk me through the steps thanks!!

Frank was nice enough for me to PM him and he ran me through the entire process +1 for flyNfrank!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the help i have successfully flashed back to firmware 1. 08 and could not be happier thanks so much and good flying to everyone best firmware for the Phantom hands down I am excited to fly once again couldn't have done it without the help from you guys here at the Forum thank you

I am on 1.08 - and was thinking of getting up to 2.0.

But when I try to update to 2.0 - it confirms and say's it will install 3.04? Is that the case or will it update to 2.0?

Joakim

ftimster said:
Frank was nice enough for me to PM him and he ran me through the entire process +1 for flyNfrank!!!!!!!!

Please share that PM with us. I would like to know the process for going back to 1.08 or 2 from 3.04.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj