Help finding wifi module

Reaction score
Hi i have been trying to find a wifi module for the phantom 2 vision plus due to lost live video feed. Have contacted dji whos advice was look on ebay or google search, thats what i did and found all are either sold out or discontinued. So i am under the impression they no longer manufacture these parts. If anyboby on here can help me out or offer any advise on where to get one, would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Hi i have been trying to find a wifi module for the phantom 2 vision plus due to lost live video feed. Have contacted dji whos advice was look on ebay or google search, thats what i did and found all are either sold out or discontinued. So i am under the impression they no longer manufacture these parts. If anyboby on here can help me out or offer any advise on where to get one, would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Paul,
Your assumption that they are no longer producing them is correct. Ebay is your best place to find replacement parts. Wifi modules are rather expensive since they are in higher demand. Best of luck

Paul,
Your assumption that they are no longer producing them is correct. Ebay is your best place to find replacement parts. Wifi modules are rather expensive since they are in higher demand. Best of luck
Thanks for the reply rladwig looks like i will have to keep checking ebay, cannot believe they no longer make spares for what was an expensive item only a few years ago. I am also seeing something about a possible flash fix for the modules bottom board so i am looking into this. Was also thinking about taking the wifi module to an elctronics repair shop to see if they can do anything with it. But at this point am not sure if its firmware issue on the bottom board or hardware failure due to module overheating any way thanks for your advice.

I put them on eBay. I get them out of new drones v3.0 but shipping to you not sure what that would cost
Hi RCBill thanks for the reply. What sort of price do you charge because at this point paying extra shipping may be my only option. When you say you get them out of new drones v3.0 do you mean the phantom 2 vision plus v3?

yes get them out of new v3.0 when i can find them. however there is 1 on ebay uk
Dji Phantom 2 Vision Plus V3 Internal Wifi Module | eBay
if link does not work this is the item number 122383001552
Cheers i managed to get it. Paid a bit more than i would have liked but the seller told me its tested and works 100%. I take it these modules are not reliable cause some people are adding extra cooling measures to them. Is this worth doing? Just want to try and keep this one going for as long as possible. Thanks

Hello,
How did you determine that wifi module is death? What symptoms have you experienced ? I have same bird and had image transmission issues.
Thanks.

Hello,
How did you determine that wifi module is death? What symptoms have you experienced ? I have same bird and had image transmission issues.
Thanks.
Hi the wifi module was displaying flight data but no image at all i could record video & picture just no live preview. You can test the module by sending ping. Connect the phantom to wifi on pc or use an app from your phone to ping the video transmission board is 192.168.1.10. If you get no responce the board is at fault. This is caused by overheating or bad firmware.

Hello again,
I had same issue. I reset the wifi range extender. Then I did bind again with the DJI Vision app. SETTINGS-BINDING- READING QR CODE...
Also, if you did "Upgrade Range Extender" by any reason, usually you will also get the same problem; no image transmission but all the rest normally. In this case also is much better to reset wifi range extender.
Following was answer from DJI support,

Please kindly check the methods below for troubleshooting.
1. Please check the cable from the gimbal to the Phantom, make sure all the cables are connected properly.
2. Please re-bind the camera and range extender, and check the APP again.
3. Please try to take the SD card out, or try with a different SD card.
4. Try different mobile devices.
If you have tried all and still got the error, I am afraid that you may need to send the Phantom back for check and repair. Please kindly keep us updated for further proceed.

Reading in internet, the most common cause of no image is the range extender binding failure.
I hope you can solve it.
Regards.

Hi
Thanks for the advice. I to have a black screen after the drone was laid up due to weather etc. Have done your ping and no result also done everything else suggested on this forum. Does anyone test, refresh the memory and arctic silver the module ? I can remove the module but having seen instructions for the firmware flashing it is beyond me.

Hi did you get this sorted? If your module did not respond to ping then you more than likely need to flash. I did not want to attempt flash my self so sent to another forum user who did it for me. Am sure there are a few people offering flash repair service via post. If you want i could contact the guy that did mine for you but would depend if your uk based for postage.

Hi no have not sorted yet. I am UK based but interested in getting it examined and done. Does he improve the heat sinking as part of the job or would I have to do that?
Mine is the older model with no holes in the case.

Hi no have not sorted yet. I am UK based but interested in getting it examined and done. Does he improve the heat sinking as part of the job or would I have to do that?
Mine is the older model with no holes in the case.
Hi no he does not heatsink as its usually not needed. I think people thought it was heat issue until the nand corruption problem was discovered. Mine was also the v2 module with no holes so i looked online and thought for sure it would be overheat issue, but after flash its restored live video. My phantom was purchased from ebay, whoever had it before me had already added thermal paste in an attempt to fix but it didnt work. There are now lots of people recovered there module using the flash fix, so i am convinced this is the problem with 90% of these wifi modules. In the past people just replaced them thinking its overheated, but now you cant replace new and when they turn up on ebay there not cheap. Id say its your best chance for a fix without spending a lot of money. If you check the dji forums there is a user who has posted flash instructions pdf file, i didnt want to attempt it myself as it involves soldering a usb serial connection to the wifi board and then using the software to flash. I can send you the guys username that did mine if you like, last time i spoke he was going to start offering uk repair service via post.

Hi no he does not heatsink as its usually not needed. I think people thought it was heat issue until the nand corruption problem was discovered. Mine was also the v2 module with no holes so i looked online and thought for sure it would be overheat issue, but after flash its restored live video. My phantom was purchased from ebay, whoever had it before me had already added thermal paste in an attempt to fix but it didnt work. There are now lots of people recovered there module using the flash fix, so i am convinced this is the problem with 90% of these wifi modules. In the past people just replaced them thinking its overheated, but now you cant replace new and when they turn up on ebay there not cheap. Id say its your best chance for a fix without spending a lot of money. If you check the dji forums there is a user who has posted flash instructions pdf file, i didnt want to attempt it myself as it involves soldering a usb serial connection to the wifi board and then using the software to flash. I can send you the guys username that did mine if you like, last time i spoke he was going to start offering uk repair service via post.
Hi
Thanks for the reply and yes please send me the guys username and I will contact him. Your comment re overheating are interesting and most people have reported heat damage to chips hence the heat sinking query. Mine too an eBay purchase and no probs before now which is after a non use period.

Hey there .can u help me with my problem.I can't seem to find a wifi board for my phantom 4. And another thing is the wifi board from a phantom 3 standard the same as the phantom 4.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers