Help? FC40 1 green light, 3 red & motors don't start

Reaction score
Hello - if anyone can please help me, I would GREATLY appreciate it. We bought a family member a phantom FC40 for his 50th birthday. The celebration is tonight, so we are obviously trying very hard to get it working before then. The issue is that, when I turn it on, it keeps giving me three red lights followed by one green. Also, moving the sticks on the transmitter does nothing, which I assume has to do with the red light faults. I would have thought that I could fly it manually even without the GPS, but if that is possible, I can't figure out how to do it. Hooking it up to the NAZA-M V2 assistant on my PC shows that it has all the current firmware.

I've been researching this for hours and have come to believe that the three red lights means that it is connecting with 5 of fewer satellites. We live in New Orleans - not sure that has anything to do with satellite access or not. I opened the unit up to make sure the GPS unit in the housing roof was properly connected, and it appears to be (though they "soldered" it with what looks like glue that is overlapping on other small components). It is also properly connected to the GPS unit on the phantom's leg stand.

Help?

If nobody else wants to help I'll give it a shot. First of all, how long are you waiting for the red lights to go all green? Do you know how to start the motors, they don't start automatically. Do you have both switches in the uppermost position?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=85 ... =2&theater

Thank you so much for the response. The video looks very similar to what I see with the three flashing red lights followed by the green light. However, this one never seems to be able to acquire a satellite lock. I have let it sit there for 15 minutes with the red lights flashing, and they never turned to green.

As for the motors, I have both of the switches on the transmitter in the uppermost position. That didn't turn the motors on. I then tried switching the right switch to the middle position that didn't work either. I then tried various other positions with the left and right switches on the transmitter, but nothing made the motors turn.

Are you aware that to start the motors you need to do a CSC position with the two transmitter sticks? Pull both sticks all the way down and in towards each other to start the motors. Then give FULL throttle for lift off until you're about 10 feet or so above ground.

Reactions: Denny

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj