Help! Does the phantom 2 return to home if ️flying atti or manual when lost of signal?

Reaction score
I want to know if you take off using GPS then switch to Atti,
Can you still use home lock or fail safe such as return to home when you lose signal?

I want to know if it will fly back home if im on atti when lost signal??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I want to know if you take off using GPS then switch to Atti,
Can you still use home lock or fail safe such as return to home when you lose signal?

I want to know if it will fly back home if im on atti when lost signal??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's a very good question and here is what the manual has on the subject.

Failsafe works differently depending on the mode the aircraft is in when Failsafe mode is initiated
whether it is in the Ready to Fly or Ready to Fly (non-GPS) mode.

Ready to Fly (non-GPS) ---- Automatic landing

The flight control system will try to keep the aircraft level during descent and landing. Note that
the aircraft may be drifting during the descent and landing process.

Ready to Fly ---- Automatic go home and land

The flight control system will automatically control the aircraft to fly back to the home point and
land.

So if I am in gps mode and the transmitter loses the conn ton the p2 will just return home?

Does any other switch need to be set before or during flight?

I'm on a p3s now, but I'm giving my p2 v2 with the GoPro gimble to a friend and I want to be able to give him a clear answer...I flew my p2 just a handful of times so I'm unsure

Matthew

That's a very good question and here is what the manual has on the subject.

Failsafe works differently depending on the mode the aircraft is in when Failsafe mode is initiated
whether it is in the Ready to Fly or Ready to Fly (non-GPS) mode.

Ready to Fly (non-GPS) ---- Automatic landing

The flight control system will try to keep the aircraft level during descent and landing. Note that
the aircraft may be drifting during the descent and landing process.

Ready to Fly ---- Automatic go home and land

The flight control system will automatically control the aircraft to fly back to the home point and
land.

So if I am in gps mode and the transmitter loses the conn ton the p2 will just return home?

Does any other switch need to be set before or during flight?

I'm on a p3s now, but I'm giving my p2 v2 with the GoPro gimble to a friend and I want to be able to give him a clear answer...I flew my p2 just a handful of times so I'm unsure

Matthew

Better yet Matt why not make sure he as read the User's Manual as it has all the answers he'll need.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20