Help Deciding

Reaction score
Hello, I'm think of getting a Dji Phantom 4, and was thinking about the 16GB Micro SD Card. Is it possible to save the content on the micro sd card onto the iPadand wipe/delete the micro sd card on the iPad. Would I still retain the 4K video? How much 4K and 1080 footage can you get on a 16GB micro SD card? Thanks

What type of bag do you use for your phantom?

Are ND Filters really needed?

Hello, I'm think of getting a Dji Phantom 4, and was thinking about the 16GB Micro SD Card. Is it possible to save the content on the micro sd card onto the iPadand wipe/delete the micro sd card on the iPad. Would I still retain the 4K video? How much 4K and 1080 footage can you get on a 16GB micro SD card? Thanks

Buy multiple 16 or 32gb micro SD cards
1. You cannot transfer 4k video without a cable
2. You can record approximatley 40 minutes of 4k video or 125 minutes of 1080p at 30fps or 80 minutes of 1080p at 60 fps
3. Dronecrates for backpack, it has lots of room for everything and the zippers are solid.
4. ND filters are most definitely needed for video, with still photos you can use aeb to shoot several different exposure levels but you cannot shoot multiple exposures of video at the same time so yes ND filters are needed for video. Also you use ND filters to adjust the shutter speed to be 2 times that of the frame rate for cinema style video and to reduce flicker.

was thinking about the 16GB Micro SD Card
The Phantom 4 comes with a 16GB memory card.

Is it possible to save the content on the micro sd card onto the iPadand wipe/delete the micro sd card on the iPad.
Yes. You'll need a memory card reader (like this one) to transfer the data.

Would I still retain the 4K video?
Yes.

How much 4K and 1080 footage can you get on a 16GB micro SD card?
It takes about 1 GB of space to store 2 minutes of 4K video footage.

If you're referring to a backpack/case, then check out the list of commonly used backpacks/cases here.

Technically? No. However, you'll get better quality video footage with a filter.

For photos, a PL filter will eliminate reflections when shooting subjects in the water or over water. Otherwise, you won't need a filter when shooting photos. When shooting video, you'll want to use a filter pretty much all of the time. Check out this thread for more details on the various filters available.

Last edited:
But when moving the video over to the iPhone/iPad. If I want to connect it to my Mac, will I still be able to get the 4K video?

Get a 128GB or 64GB. It will last very long if you have 3 or 4 batteries. You may not want to keep changing card or transfer data out of the card because no space enough.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The Phantom 4 comes with a 16GB memory card.

Yes. You'll need a memory card reader (like this one) to transfer the data.

Yes.

It takes about 1 GB of space to store 2 minutes of 4K video footage.

If you're referring to a backpack/case, then check out the list of commonly used backpacks/cases here.

Technically? No. However, you'll get better quality video footage with a filter.

For photos, a PL filter will eliminate reflections when shooting subjects in the water or over water. Otherwise, you won't need a filter when shooting photos. When shooting video, you'll want to use a filter pretty much all of the time. Check out this thread for more details on the various filters available.

If you had to choose a filter, is a ND4 or ND8 the best all round one? (provided your not shooting in mid day sun)

If you had to choose a filter, is a ND4 or ND8 the best all round one?
Most people can get by with just an ND4, ND8, and ND16. However, you might need a darker filter if you fly in locations where it's very bright.

Filter-Use-Chart.png

My advice....DO NOT BUY A PHANTOM 4............Read the forum posts on video quality and save your money. DJI has ripped off a shitload worldwide with this rubbish drone that has been over marketed. Trust me on the quality, they are utter rubbish.

Reactions: Stealthmatt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20