help deciding on new toy

whitelens said:
oh yeah . . only gimbals for me from now on. Now, what if instead of a F550 I got a F450 . .a little bigger than the P2, but not as big as the F550 . .I wonder if it would be a little more stable? Thoughts?

It has the potential to be, yes, if for no other reason than the larger wheelbase. The 450 is a nice blend of stable and nimble.

OI Photography said:
whitelens said:
oh yeah . . only gimbals for me from now on. Now, what if instead of a F550 I got a F450 . .a little bigger than the P2, but not as big as the F550 . .I wonder if it would be a little more stable? Thoughts?

It has the potential to be, yes, if for no other reason than the larger wheelbase. The 450 is a nice blend of stable and nimble.

The 450 has longer flight times than the 550 (at least with the normal ARF and RTF kits) - which might help with the videos. Although I find the 550 to be plenty long enough if I know what I want to do ahead of time. The P2 with Zenmuse takes stable video even in strong wind. The Zenmuse does a good job of keeping the horizon steady. A trick is to fly so the wind is at your back when you are taking the shot (if that is possible). That keeps the props out of the picture in higher winds but still lets you pan the camera up so the horizon is flat.

Went ahead and ordered the F450 . . . I can upgrade it later if I feel the need. Seems for now, the best of both worlds. Thanks guys for all the discussion with me on this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik