Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Help - crashed the new Vision Plus

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by wharfbanger, Apr 23, 2014.

1. wharfbanger

Second flight, crashed and snapped the camera from the gimbal..

I purchased the plus from Daves Discount Motors in Utah, but I live in Auckland, NZ. I suspect this repair will require a new camera/gimbal assembly, probably from the factory in China. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to arrange the repair? I realize I should go through Daves Motors, but its seems a bit crazy to ship it from NZ to Utah first. If it has to go to China anyway, maybe I can rather than direct to China?

Anyone had any experience with getting a camera repair for a vision/vision+ ????

2. myvrodrocks

My experience has been DJI will not deal with customers direct. The dealer must go through their distributer who then goes through DJI. Dave's is only a dealer, not a distributer. They need a RMA and will take it from there. Probably won't be covered under warranty. I know it sucks but you may be better off to wait till parts are available. Vision parts are just now showing up all over.

3. DBS

DBS

Just for us curious minds... If you're gonna post a crash story on your second flight in a newly released bird... you gadda tell the story bro... was it a hardware problem? Pilot error? Etc...

4. wharfbanger

I struck a basketball hoop while moving laterally. Pilot error. It is testament to just how fun these machines are that I am still smiling after wrecking my bird on the second flight. I'm not loaded either, just cant wait to get the bloody thing fixed..

5. wharfbanger

Thanks for your reply. Just wondering what RMA is?

Cheers,
    Mark

6. Bigbells

Return Merchandise Authorization. (Issued to you by the seller.)

7. RedRyderMedia

Consider changing your wharfbanger user name to hoopbanger......or should it be wharfandhoopbanger?

8. Skynet1

Ha Ha Ha!! Too much, no mercy!
    I admit although a disheartening chain of events, non the less you guys, or should I say RedRyder in particular, really know how to back bite. I almost fell off my seat reading your response.

9. wharfbanger

Glad my misfortune is providing you with some amusement RedRydingHood :D

10. RedRyderMedia

Sorry.....I guess I've spent too much time on Reddit! Hope your fortunes turn for the better!