Help - crashed the new Vision Plus

Reaction score
Second flight, crashed and snapped the camera from the gimbal..

I purchased the plus from Daves Discount Motors in Utah, but I live in Auckland, NZ. I suspect this repair will require a new camera/gimbal assembly, probably from the factory in China. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to arrange the repair? I realize I should go through Daves Motors, but its seems a bit crazy to ship it from NZ to Utah first. If it has to go to China anyway, maybe I can rather than direct to China?

Anyone had any experience with getting a camera repair for a vision/vision+ ????

My experience has been DJI will not deal with customers direct. The dealer must go through their distributer who then goes through DJI. Dave's is only a dealer, not a distributer. They need a RMA and will take it from there. Probably won't be covered under warranty. I know it sucks but you may be better off to wait till parts are available. Vision parts are just now showing up all over.

I struck a basketball hoop while moving laterally. Pilot error. It is testament to just how fun these machines are that I am still smiling after wrecking my bird on the second flight. I'm not loaded either, just cant wait to get the bloody thing fixed..

myvrodrocks said:
My experience has been DJI will not deal with customers direct. The dealer must go through their distributer who then goes through DJI. Dave's is only a dealer, not a distributer. They need a RMA and will take it from there. Probably won't be covered under warranty. I know it sucks but you may be better off to wait till parts are available. Vision parts are just now showing up all over.

Thanks for your reply. Just wondering what RMA is?

Cheers,
Mark

wharfbanger said:
I struck a basketball hoop while moving laterally. Pilot error. It is testament to just how fun these machines are that I am still smiling after wrecking my bird on the second flight. I'm not loaded either, just cant wait to get the bloody thing fixed..

Consider changing your wharfbanger user name to hoopbanger......or should it be wharfandhoopbanger?

Ha Ha Ha!! Too much, no mercy!
I admit although a disheartening chain of events, non the less you guys, or should I say RedRyder in particular, really know how to back bite. I almost fell off my seat reading your response.

RedRyderMedia said:
wharfbanger said:

Consider changing your wharfbanger user name to hoopbanger......or should it be wharfandhoopbanger?

Glad my misfortune is providing you with some amusement RedRydingHood :D

wharfbanger said:
RedRyderMedia said:
wharfbanger said:

Glad my misfortune is providing you with some amusement RedRydingHood :D

Sorry.....I guess I've spent too much time on Reddit! Hope your fortunes turn for the better!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.