Help...cracks spotted

I hope somebody posts a utube vid of this operation before I'm ready to do mine. I'm already [emoji31] stressed out thinking about it

I don't blame you. I myself was mentally tossing coins on whether to do it or not.
I don't have pictures from after adding plast-aid but I have a couple pictures of the crack I found I was wanting to control.

If your bird is still under warranty I wouldn't be doing any diy repairs until the warranty expires. If you have to send it back again for other issues under warranty and they see your handy work then they arent going to entertain you regardless of what the problem is.
Once the warranty expires do as you wish.
As for DJI Europe...I got mine back yesterday from Netherlands, one month it took from UK...craked shell replacement, looks to be the same gimbal, well its the same serial number anyway lol, couldn't say if its the same insides, i've heard a few dodgy stories of people getting different machines back. It was packed better than I sent it although the gimbal guard wasn't attached which was concerning...it may have detached during transit. Just after a test flight...more of a test hover out of fear lol...all appears ok so far.

Actually they won't care. I sent mine in twice for firmware issues and they never said anything about it. Second time it was out of warranty and they still fix it. Dji isn't the horrible monster some people make them out to be...

I hope somebody posts a utube vid of this operation before I'm ready to do mine. I'm already [emoji31] stressed out thinking about it

It's really not that hard. Just use masking tape and tape everything up around the area you don't want it on. I even put tape around the inside lip so I wouldn't get on it too. The key is to mix it thin and only make enough to do one arm at a time. Then pore into the cavity area. Fill to the top of the support braces only and you won't have any interference with anything then.

If your bird is still under warranty I wouldn't be doing any diy repairs until the warranty expires. If you have to send it back again for other issues under warranty and they see your handy work then they arent going to entertain you regardless of what the problem is.
Once the warranty expires do as you wish.
As for DJI Europe...I got mine back yesterday from Netherlands, one month it took from UK...craked shell replacement, looks to be the same gimbal, well its the same serial number anyway lol, couldn't say if its the same insides, i've heard a few dodgy stories of people getting different machines back. It was packed better than I sent it although the gimbal guard wasn't attached which was concerning...it may have detached during transit. Just after a test flight...more of a test hover out of fear lol...all appears ok so far.
Hi WLINE, mine is due to arrive to the Netherlands on Monday. I've asked the chap what do they recommend to prevent cracks like plast-aid or other.

Actually I asked him the quality of the plastic the shel is made of as these glues can damage it. By the way I've seen that there's another type of glue specific for PVC but I'm not sure if it is OK for the shell...

He responded that he doesn't know what type of plastic is the shel made of and that the DJI team was studying a solution for it.....

But I don't think the problem is easiky solvable as this might really depend on the materials quality.

I'll wait the new.shell and then take a decision. Thank you for sharing

Reactions: whitelineNI
efb419acd61cab677e16ba09d86e5996.jpg

ffa72220606f8f7ea83f84d59fa5b814.jpg

..is there any indication on which one is not to use for our shell's repair. ..

Well I was going to pull the trigger on this plast aid but now I don't know. however Sandman seems so far has had luck with it

I've even purchased gorilla clear glue epoxy. But I'm afraid of that to now

I wouldn't bother with the gorilla glue or any epoxy. Plast-aid isn't epoxy or glue. It's literally plastic. There's no better stuff to use on plastic...

Reactions: Phil56
I agree with Sandman Phil you'll be fine. However Sandman just to be sure can you confirm wich od the two product is to be used?
This might sound a bit paranoid but I'm afraid that the cracks on my shell might have been, partially, caused by a spray, the VD40, I used to put grease in the motors. ..

I agree with Sandman Phil you'll be fine. However Sandman just to be sure can you confirm wich od the two product is to be used?
This might sound a bit paranoid but I'm afraid that the cracks on my shell might have been, partially, caused by a spray, the VD40, I used to put grease in the motors. ..

[emoji108]

I got the stuff in your first pic. The bottom pic probably the same stuff just in a smaller bottle...

....."Unfortunately, we don't have an information here to know what's the type of plastic is the shell made of. However Our R&D Team still developing and researching to resolved this crack issue"...

Haha there not spending anytime researching how to resolve the crack issue on a old p3 shell. They've moved on to newer drones now. It's up to us to make it a little stronger. And this stuff is the answer[emoji106]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik