Help!! Can't Update P3P to newest firmware

Have used a different sd card battery charged 100%
I had a couple of probs with previous update not working i reformatted sd card in pc and redownloaded correct file through diff browser didnt use google chrome browser as that gave me probs.
these files are diff for the pro and the advanced so double check you got right bin file.You may have tried all this but doesnt hurt to take deep breath chill and try again
If all fails contact dji but dont worry it can be sorted im sure

I have the same identical issue also. That update keeps going on until the battery almost dies. I take out the sd card, power on the controller and then the P3 and in the pilot app it says I have the latest firmware and in the "about " page it shows 1.2.6. but if I stick the sd card in the P3 and power the controller on and then the P3 it starts trying to up date the bird again. downloaded the zip file on 3 different computers and 3 different networks. Did everything you stated above also. This happened to me on the last update also, so the last update probably was not truly on there also but was stating it was in the app. Can anybody assure me I have the update because it says in the app I do? the controller updated no problem.

yes, I can fly. But I still would like to have everything updated incase I do run into situation that could have been fixed in the update. I am ready to give up on the update.

I'm very amazed that I see different internal version of some part of the firmware.
I updated 3 P3 and no issue to upgrade bird and RC. But there's for sure something that DJI had to figure out here.
Anyway if you turn on the aircraft and everything starts normal, it's safe to fly.

I will post the txt files off my failed attempts also to let somebody see if they can pinpoint something that is wrong or to see if the last update was ever installed correctly.

I'm just about to try updating the firmware in my brand new P3A. I downloaded v1.2.7 from DJI and am ready to try it. The download included a pdf instruction file and a large .bin file. Bill7259 mentioned above that only the .bin file should get written to the root directory of the SD card. Just want to verify that that is true and I don't have to extract the .bin file any further.

Thanks,

Kevin H.

I'm just about to try updating the firmware in my brand new P3A. I downloaded v1.2.7 from DJI and am ready to try it. The download included a pdf instruction file and a large .bin file. Bill7259 mentioned above that only the .bin file should get written to the root directory of the SD card. Just want to verify that that is true and I don't have to extract the .bin file any further.

Thanks,

Kevin H.

Format SD card with FAT32, and put ONLY .BIN file in the root. No other file.

Can anybody tell from these two txt files if the update was successful or not?

Attachments

• P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    19.4 KB · Views: 428
  • P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    566 bytes · Views: 389
Can anybody tell from these two txt files if the update was successful or not?

Seems you got it done !! After lot of rounds ...

Oh I know this is going to sound like a stupid
? like being asked if your computer is plugged in when speaking to tech support to find out why its not turning on.

BUT are you using the right firmware for the model you have???????

The other day I could not get my p3 pro to update at all. Till after about the 4th try I realized why. lol I some how downloaded the firmware for the advanced instead of the pro.

Hi,
Yesterday i tried to update the aircraft to the newest firmware (1.2.6). about 8 times with no success.
Tried everything i know: format sdcard, different sdcard. nada.
Controller update went fine.
Went online with dji support after sent them the log files the answer was - "we'll get back to you when solution will be available".
I uploaded the log files just in case anyone could help.
****, almost one month flying the bird, everything went so smooth and now this...
Try dragging and dropping the file instead of extracting.

And i turn of any anti virus scanners we never are sure what these alter
my thinking anyway

The only thing that can be in the root directory on the card is the bin file. If anything else is there, it can cause problems. If you get a failure, delete everything but the bin file and update again. My updates go smooth as silk when I do this.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj