Help: Brand New Phantom slow flashing yellow, never flown

Re: Help: Brand New Phantom slow flashing yellow, never flow

he's not going to get anywhere with a compass calibration since the GPS module in assistant is showing 0.0.0.0.
assistant doesn't even 'see" the GPS module, how is he going to do a calibration ??

trance728 said:
TeamYankee said:
On the DJI software... go into the "Basic" tab... make sure you have the control mode switch (at the bottom on the screen) setup correctly.. and when you flick the switch it should show you what mode you are in...

I attached pictures of the basic RC tab for each of the 3 positions of the S2 switch. You can see that it shifts through all 3 fine, but if you look at the bottom status bar, it shows Atti for the GPS and middle Atti position, and then Failsafe for the 3rd which I set it to be. I can't see any other reason for this than the GPS module is not functioning.

From your pictures, it looks like you're in Naza-M mode! That could be the problem!

Sounds like a compass problem. Look at the tiny connector at the compass. Loose or torn off?

Well my Phantom is on its way back to B&H and I get to wait about 2 weeks for a replacement, yay!

PhotoDj, it was in the Naza mode to show that it wasn't registering the GPS during the switching on that lower status bar, in the Phantom mode it doesn't show that status. I tried every which way to get that thing going, in Naza and Phantom mode. It had to be a defective GPS module, but I guess I'll never know.

So I finally got my Phantom back in the mail yesterday. Of course, my friends were at my house when it arrived and decided to prank me by taking it out of the case and leaving a note that said it was stolen and then taped it back up for me to find on my doorstep, that was fun. I've been waiting forever for it to get back and then I deal with that and its been raining here which barely ever happens so no flying yet.

I decided to start everything up yesterday to make sure this one works and the exact same symptoms were happening with the first one. This is after I was told by B&H that it was tested and flown by them. So after a couple hours of searching more online as to what it could be and trying to figure out if I was somehow doing something completely wrong in trying to start it up, I decided to open it up and look inside if the GPS cable was loose. BINGO, it was completely disconnected, must have happened surfing shipping. Plugged it in and I finally was able to get the motors to start up. The first one definitely had a defective GPS because it was plugged in, but talk about being stressed out dealing with the same symptoms. I ordered it a full month ago and now I just have to wait for this rain to clear so I can finally take it out on its maiden voyage.

trance728 said:
So I finally got my Phantom back in the mail yesterday. Of course, my friends were at my house when it arrived and decided to prank me by taking it out of the case and leaving a note that said it was stolen and then taped it back up for me to find on my doorstep, that was fun. I've been waiting forever for it to get back and then I deal with that and its been raining here which barely ever happens so no flying yet.

I decided to start everything up yesterday to make sure this one works and the exact same symptoms were happening with the first one. This is after I was told by B&H that it was tested and flown by them. So after a couple hours of searching more online as to what it could be and trying to figure out if I was somehow doing something completely wrong in trying to start it up, I decided to open it up and look inside if the GPS cable was loose. BINGO, it was completely disconnected, must have happened surfing shipping. Plugged it in and I finally was able to get the motors to start up. The first one definitely had a defective GPS because it was plugged in, but talk about being stressed out dealing with the same symptoms. I ordered it a full month ago and now I just have to wait for this rain to clear so I can finally take it out on its maiden voyage.

You must have some amazing patience! Congrats on getting it started! I had a minor issue with my new one as well.....loose screw rolling around on the controller module shorting it out. Sure have enjoyed flying it though.

I didn't really have a choice but to be patient, I attached a pic of the note my friends left in place of my drone to prank me.

Attachments

• 1417662786561223971901.jpg
    1417662786561223971901.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 288

That was going to be my suggestion. Since they installed everything, it should be their problem.

If you don't mind sharing, what did that set up cost? You can PM, if you prefer.

Ha! I apparently missed the last two posts. I'm not sure that I would have found the note very funny, at that point!

My friends know I'm a gun nut, so they wouldn't have done that.

I haven't looked, but that cable isn't a locking one??

Hey tranc728, Did you fly your new Phantom today? It was a beautiful one for flying this afternoon.

I got it in the air for about 5 minutes. We're currently teaching a certification so I'm inside from 9-5.i took it out front for a short flight but I want to get it out in a more open area, this was near warehouses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav