Help! Brand new P3A and props won't spin up

Well, that's a chin-scratcher for sure. Like TJ said, it "should" run fine on that device. Oh well, it sounds like you are happier with the Litchi app anyway.

GO: 2.4.3
RC: 1.4.30+
Firmware: 1.4.10+

Would like to find the IMU and how to turn on/off red lights in Lichi.

So what does 4 green flashes then 2 long red flashes mean? I don't see it in the FAQ.

The DJI GO app refused to work on my Galaxy S4 until I turned off
'Cache video locally"

I know, not a spectacular video but at least I got her off the ground.
Be careful with taking off and landing from sidewalks. They have a bunch of metal in them :(

I turned that off right away. Although I have re-installed it several times. I should make sure its still off. It can't hurt to make sure.

Be careful with taking off and landing from sidewalks. They have a bunch of metal in them :(

As does every concrete pad. They all have rebar in them. Basically impossible to get around.

It was either the sidewalk, or a totally dark field. I figured with it being the first flight, I wasn't gonna go very high or far or long, the compass deviation would not affect it. I did a compass cal right before takeoff.

The alternate place was dark. I figured it would be pretty important to be able to see it visually. At least on a first flight.

I'm just trying to help out. It's your Phantom. Crash it if you choose I suppose ;)

?? What was that about?

All I said is that the alternative was less desirable than the sidewalk.

Taking off near metal objects can confuse the compass -- potentially causing you to crash your Phantom. Safety first :)

So you are saying that no concrete anywhere is safe? I know its less desirable than a nice grassy field but I had to choose a location where I couldn't see the bird (night and dark), or one where there might be a problem. The dark was an absolute. I thought the rebar less of a risk than not seeing what it was doing.

Had the lights been on in the field where I had planned on flying, I wouldn't be on the sidewalk :(

And, FYI, I have always appreciated the information and helpful tips you have kindly provided.

Assuming all concrete has rebar in it, I would stay at least 10 feet away from it when flying. You don't want to take any chances -- especially when flying that close to your daughter. I know many see the Phantom as a fun toy, but it can really do a lot of damage when it does not perform as the pilot expects.

One reason I had us standing next to my pickup :) If anything went wrong, we had cover :)

In any event, still a good cautionary note.

Taking off near metal objects can confuse the compass -- potentially causing you to crash your Phantom. Safety first :)
Which is why many choose to learn how to hand catch for landing. I hand catch quite a bit and always choose that vs landing on concrete.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

hey wolf had the same prob with my standard, lower the height restriction in the go app. I set mine to the max 500m and noticed the red lights.i lowered it to 400m and no red lights went back in and upped it to 405 lights came back on. My thought is there must be some kind of height restriction in your area.

let me know if that works.

Mine is set for 396ft (the integer conversion from 121m) in GO though I have never flown with GO. In Litchi its set for 400'.

Both settings are WELL below your settings of 500, 405 or even 400m (1312').

Next time I am out I will play around with the max altitude settings and see if it matters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues