Help and Advice needed

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum and a novice pilot, I recently purchased a phantom 3 and today I had my first crash on landing, at first I didn't think it was that bad, but after review it looks like my bird died, I will post some pictures and explain the crash I hope you can help me fix it or know it's done for and don't spend more o repairs.

The crash is very simple, I flew from an apartment terrace in, but it was very windy so I was afraid to land it back, so I picked a patch of grass and decided to set it there, I slowly placed the camera facing down to center on the spot and lowered the drone, but at the moment of landing it tilted bad turned belly up, I ran as fast as possible, but when I got there there was smoke coming of it and 2 engines overheated and melted the plastic, I let it cool and started it up to see the actual damage and 1 of the 2 engines won't spin. I think both engines are gone, but also the base of the engine is melted in a way that can affect simple engine replacement, but I'm by no means an expert

On to the pictures and eagerly await any advice on how to fix it
147868eb8ecf1d085db85b129e9c3592.jpg
62a10fceba402740ef1846e734b8ffef.jpg
e9d3df4abdfd8ec9e83698d966457718.jpg
d71a9e138f68154363c8e5dbbbef39b7.jpg
439678f140e137f68f018aa28111bc9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: forgive my very poor English is my second lenguage

Thank you all so much I will order the parts already looked at some videos and seems not that complicated!

Also read about the CSC (combination stick command) which you could have used from your terrace to stop the motors immediately the instant your Phantom flipped. It's likely that if you had done that, your motors and shell would have been fine.

Reactions: JoBe
Something smells fishy here. I have to wonder if the two motors failing may have caused the flip and resulting crash? Why would it be flying fine one second and then just flip right over? If 2 motors on one side were to fail at once, it would have to flip right over. You said you just purchased the Phantom 3. Used or new? I would delve into the records from that flight on Healthy drones and see if you see anything. If it's a brand new drone, I think you should get with Dji and see if they will replace it.

I know, I tried dipping the left stick to the bottom right but apparently it didn't work

I had one flight when I wanted to land quickly and did a CSC without thinking. Bird tipped and one of the motors on the grounded side didn't shut down. Had to pull the battery to get it to stop screaming. Smoke came out and I couldn't put it back in!

Point is: one motor did NOT shutdown with CSC.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20