Help: 4sec video latency on P3A

Reaction score
I got my new phantom 3 advanced a few days ago. did about 8 flights with it absolutely fine silky smooth video and pics, but I flew it twice today and noticed it had about 4 seconds video latency! Also quite choppy video.
I'm using iPhone 5 recently updated to latest firmware, latest dji go app, latest firmware on p3a and remote. I also quit all apps on phone and even tried it on aeroplane mode! Still no luck.

Anyone got any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I tried all of those solutions and still no luck! Still getting 2-4sec latency:( is there anything eps I can try?

Do you a device newer than an IP5 that you can use instead? That generation device is really old for this purpose and for a while would not even allow the PILOT/GO app to install without jail breaking.

Last edited:
I tried all of those solutions and still no luck! Still getting 2-4sec latency:( is there anything eps I can try?

Pretty much most all the latency or lag comes from the device being used to run the app. Your problem will only get worse as well due to the app file size increasing each time there is more processes added to it. My issues with the same type of problems you're having were resolved 100% when I switched to a new Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet for $199 shipped.

I've got about the same amount of stick time with my P3A as you do. I'm running an iPhone 5S. It's smooth as silk. If I recall, the iPhone 5S is the only iPhone 5 recommended by Phantom. (and I've still got a used iPad Mini 2 coming that I picked off of eBay for $160) A bigger screen would be good.

T

Hmm that sucks big time. I can't really afford another tablet at the moment and I don't have a better phone. The problem is not as bad on my iPad Air, but still noticeable. It's frustrating that they don't make that clear that you need to have a very recent phone to use the app properly

I think it should be fine on your iPad Air. Aren't those listed as compatible?

Even with the problem, the video on the SD card inside the Phantom shouldn't be an issue. Correct?

T

Could it be you have a lot of apps installed & running on your device & this is slowing things down? Are apps running in the background? Did you reboot the phone?

Hmm that sucks big time. I can't really afford another tablet at the moment and I don't have a better phone. The problem is not as bad on my iPad Air, but still noticeable. It's frustrating that they don't make that clear that you need to have a very recent phone to use the app properly

Nope, I delete all the background apps and even reboot the iPhone before each flight. Phone has 23gb free space too.

Still has the latency:(

The iPad Air is fine. The A7 generation Air and IP5S are listed as compatible and should work much better than an IP5.

Since it was working fine at first, you might try removing the cached files in the DJI GO app. Perhaps your phone is getting clogged up with video?

T

Reactions: infinite
Rumbaar how do I reduce the video feed to the lowest setting? I'll also try and remove cached video files.

Rumbaar how do I reduce the video feed to the lowest setting? I'll also try and remove cached video files.
Go into the Go App and HD tab, choose custom and then you'll be able to use the slider at the bottom to alter the mbps transmission rate, which effects transmission distance.

Go into the Go App and HD tab, choose custom and then you'll be able to use the slider at the bottom to alter the mbps transmission rate, which effects transmission distance.

Changing this setting on the P3A does nothing, it is locked at 2Mbps all of the time.

Borrow a mates device to eliminate if it is the device you are using or if its the phantom itself.

Also, check the hardware decoder box. If its enabled, turn it off. If its disabled, turn it on.
No harm trying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4