Help. 100+ flights and suddenly gimbal goes limp and no signal

when this occurs the flex cable (black cable on the gimbal) somehow got damaged and will not register.
so what happens is you turn on the bird, gimbal does the initial dance and after 15 seconds tries to "register" and fails and it looses power and goes limb.
you will need to replace that cable on the gimbal.

Thanks, I have ordered a new one of those and it's ok it's way here. Using a YouTube video as a guide I've already taken the camera/gimbal apart so I know what I've got to do when it arrives.

I'm glad to say the flex ribbon cable fixed the problem, nerve wrecking fiddly install but Camera gimbal back to normal and phantom ready to fly again!
:)

Reactions: konidair
Can anyone tell me the part #/name for the black ribbon cable? I am having this exact issue. Last time I had the issue I was able to fiddle with the cable and was fine for at least 20 flights. Yesterday it resurfaced and now cannot get gimbal to work after the initial gimbal dance on startup.

TIA

Can anyone tell me the part #/name for the black ribbon cable? I am having this exact issue. Last time I had the issue I was able to fiddle with the cable and was fine for at least 20 flights. Yesterday it resurfaced and now cannot get gimbal to work after the initial gimbal dance on startup.

TIA
You will get a more accurate answer if you provide which model of Phantom you have.[emoji6]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj