Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Hello!

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by bunkphenomenon, Jan 31, 2016.

1. bunkphenomenon

Introducing myself. Im fairly new to the world of multirotors. I have a Revell Hexagon Syma S5XW and a JJRC H8C, with the Hexagon being my favorite. I had $218 dollars in Target giftcards and $300 in loose change that I saved up last year.

Yesterday I bit the bullet and bought a P3S from target, and with pricematching from Amazon (plus giftcards), paid a cool 6 dollars out of pocket - half of total taxes! (I didnt count the loose change as out of pocket, as I kinda considered it as 'monopoly money' - money you put away but dont really count).

Spent yesterday updating firmware and trying to memorize all the basic safety features on the Phantom (RTH!!). I had lost the S5XW when I flew relatively high and wind took it over a building just as I reached the maximum distance and lost communication.

So now Im just waiting for my GF to wake up so I can take my new toy out for her maiden flight! Ive been up since 4 am. lol

Anyway, looking forward to digesting alot of info on here!

Dirty Bird likes this.
  2. bunkphenomenon

Its raining now. :oops: oh well, gf gets to sleep in and the Hexagon will be buzzing around shortly.

3. Tony Cowan

Just take it slow. In the mean time. Practice on the flight simulator. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app