Hello! New Phantom Pilot from West Midlands, UK

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm 23 and from the west midlands in the UK! Been flying some smaller drones and get the itch to get something a bit more quality and more range!

Looking @ the Phantom 3 (standard), and will hopefully buy one this week!

Anyone who is based in the Uk or places with similar (bad) weather, how do they perform in this sort of enviroment? Do they blow about in the wind or are they fairly stable?

See you all around!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Do they blow about in the wind or are they fairly stable?
Phantoms are extremely stable in even heavy wind. The problem is that the wind can sometimes be too strong for them to return back to the home point. As the Phantom tries to push towards the home point, the strong winds can slowly push it further and further away from the home point. Most pilots can handle wind below about 11 m/s. You wouldn't want to try to flying in wind over 16 m/s.

Reactions: JackE
always windy where I am in northumberland, I only have a few flights on my P3S but its very stable, Ive been flying into the wind on my test flights on the reckoning that itll have an easier time getting back to me if it needs to !!

always windy where I am in northumberland, I only have a few flights on my P3S but its very stable, Ive been flying into the wind on my test flights on the reckoning that itll have an easier time getting back to me if it needs to !!

Great! I think i will buy my P3S/P3A this weekend and hopefully the weather is good enough to fly! What sort of distance/height were you going on your test flights?

Hi and welcome from Liverpool. If you DO fly in windy conditions it's a good idea to fly INTO the the wind at the start of the flight. Then you'll have the wind in your favour when the battery is getting low and this gives you greater safety margin. Enjoy your flying!

Great! I think i will buy my P3S/P3A this weekend and hopefully the weather is good enough to fly! What sort of distance/height were you going on your test flights?
Get the 3A. Much greater range and better signal strength via Lightbridge vs. WiFi.

Thanks! I was edging towards the 3A, can't wait!

Any must see videos?
It terms of what - tutorials or from the P3?
If it's tutorials you want, these are all the DJI P3A Tutorial videos, which are excellent.
If it's what the 3A can produce, there are 00's on this forum.
Also, you'll need at least one additional battery and the best U.K. price is £77 at Handtec here. I've bought a spare from them and can confirm they are genuine OE.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31