Hello & Interference from H3-3D

Reaction score
Hello from San Francisco!

I have a Phantom 2 with H3-3D Gimbal, GoPro 4, Flysight Transmitter, Black Pearl Diversity Monitor with Cheap Drones Antennas.

As the video shows, I get perfectly clear video for a moment right as the Phantom powers up but as soon as the gimbal starts doing its "dance" I get these rolling "scan" lines. These stay visible as long as the gimbal is active. I've tried all eight channels on E band but I haven't tried other bands. Should I try the other bands? Do you all see this with you systems too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB0SosnZAoY

I'm so happy to have found this forum!

TIA

BarreSF said:
Hello from San Francisco!

I have a Phantom 2 with H3-3D Gimbal, GoPro 4, Flysight Transmitter, Black Pearl Diversity Monitor with Cheap Drones Antennas.

As the video shows, I get perfectly clear video for a moment right as the Phantom powers up but as soon as the gimbal starts doing its "dance" I get these rolling "scan" lines. These stay visible as long as the gimbal is active. I've tried all eight channels on E band but I haven't tried other bands. Should I try the other bands? Do you all see this with you systems too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB0SosnZAoY

I'm so happy to have found this forum!

TIA

That's noise generated from the power supply and the only to remove it is by adding a LC filter (low cut) in the power line to your TX. If you decide to add a filter and you are using plug n play cables make which line is negative. If the power lines are connected wrong you'll buying a new main board. If you are using the USB ribbon cable to the GoPro you can ground the metal shield of the USB that will also remove the noise and the easiest to do. There is a video on how to do it somewhere in one of the threads.

Oh, that is fantastic information. I'll try to find the thread. Or perhaps someone knows where to find it?

Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1