Hello from WI

Reaction score
Hey all. Ok, call me late to the game..but I am JUST now getting a DJI Phantom 1.1.1 and there are now what, 4 versions out now?? Oh Well!

I have been flying cheaper, lighter drones the last year or so, just learning. My current is a Syma X5C, fun little drone.

Anyway, like I said, I am just now buying a DJI Phantom 1. I'm not into high end video or photography, but just want to shoot some video of vacation, our neighborhood, etc.

I guess my first questions are....should I just get a Go Pro to mount with the included camera mount, or is their a cheaper camera out there that is almost as good as a go pro?

Also, do the Phantom 1 have GPS and "go to home" technology? Is there anything else I need to know about the Phantom 1 ???

Again, thanks and I hope to learn from you all.

Hello, neighbor. I see we both joined the same day. I cant really help you with your questions but you might want to consider getting the phantom 3 standard, it comes with a camera and gyro gimbal, you can get a new one with factory warranty for about 450. I Just got a phantom 3 pro but still need a tablet before I can fly. Peace!

I beat up Symas. I torture them, and crash them, and even let the smoke out from time to time :D My favorite beater is my Latrax Alias. On its way back from warranty repair... I let the smoke out :oops:

Welcome to the forum, this is a fantastic resource with great people. Enjoy your bird and keep the propeller side up!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4