Hello from Washington St

Reaction score
I just got my Phantom 4 on the 3rd of this month and I am hooked. It was a big investment for me and there was a lot of anxiety when I hit the purchase button and the days that followed. The second I got that thing in the air I just knew I had made the right decision. Such a thrill flying and seeing things most people aren't able to see. I even started a YouTube channel to share some of my videos.

I've been dealing with depression and needed a hobby. Its been a rough month. Well...I found it.

PS. I won't share the link to my YouTube channel just yet so it doesn't seem like I joined just to get views. Maybe another time lol

Reactions: dirkclod
Well done voyager. It's good to get a hobby. Takes your mind of itself.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

It really is.

The best part of this experience so far was when I was down just flying around getting the hang of it all and this little kid, 5 at the most, comes walking up along with his uncle. He kept creeping closer and obviously wanted to look. So I showed him the screen and pointed out the drone. He was fascinated. The uncle said thanks, asked a few questions and left. Such a great feeling to share my excitement with somebody else. Especially a young kid who may get the urge to fly a drone one day or even just to explore.

Yea it's great eh. I'm in Dubai so it's too darned hot to be outside flying at moment. Am heading to France in a few weeks and really looking forward to getting some real flying.....I am just getting to grips with litchi app.....have you tried it.?

Yea it's great eh. I'm in Dubai so it's too darned hot to be outside flying at moment. Am heading to France in a few weeks and really looking forward to getting some real flying.....I am just getting to grips with litchi app.....have you tried it.?

The hottest it gets here is around 75 and that's on very special occasions. For me I have to watch out for the wind and rain. I thought I was going to die with our 75 degree weather yesterday. I can't even imagine the heat in Dubai.

I hadn't heard of the Litchi app. So its a replacement for the DJI Go app? Worth the purchase?

Welcome to the forum Voyager . We have a section just to place your channel when decide you want to .
Youtube Channels - Let's Subscribe/ ALL YOUTUBE LINKS GO HERE ONLY

Thank you. I might head on over there at some point soon.

Hi voyager. Yea litchi sort of replaces the DJI app. It's great for being able to just draw waypoints on a map and POI which is what the camera focuses on whilst it flies around. Am totally new to all this so its a journey of discovery at the moment. Yea, the heat here is a bloody menace....it got to 50 degrees C last week.! You can't go outside for long in that believe me. I'm a Brit so prefer rain lol.

a363a39491957d3b422ce202466791da_thumb.jpg

Reactions: Voyager42
I just got my Phantom 4 on the 3rd of this month and I am hooked. It was a big investment for me and there was a lot of anxiety when I hit the purchase button and the days that followed. The second I got that thing in the air I just knew I had made the right decision. Such a thrill flying and seeing things most people aren't able to see. I even started a YouTube channel to share some of my videos.

I've been dealing with depression and needed a hobby. Its been a rough month. Well...I found it.

PS. I won't share the link to my YouTube channel just yet so it doesn't seem like I joined just to get views. Maybe another time lol
Welcome to the group! Fly safe!

Reactions: Voyager42
Hi voyager. Yea litchi sort of replaces the DJI app. It's great for being able to just draw waypoints on a map and POI which is what the camera focuses on whilst it flies around. Am totally new to all this so its a journey of discovery at the moment. Yea, the heat here is a bloody menace....it got to 50 degrees C last week.! You can't go outside for long in that believe me. I'm a Brit so prefer rain lol.

Ill def check it out. So far I haven't really messed with waypoints and all that. Just flying around in basic mode getting use to flying. This weekend I want to head out to an open field and set some waypoints and POI. Would open up a lot of possibilities for my channel.

That's insanely hot. At most it might hit 100 F, or 40 C, but that's very rare. Normally sits 50-60 in the summer with a decent amount of rain. I'd stay inside and hide in the freezer if it got that hot here lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj