Hello from Virginia!

Reaction score
I found this forum looking around for a gimbal guard for wide landing gears, and I realized what a gold mine of information I stumbled upon.

I purchased my first Phantom 2 weeks ago, it is already pretty maxed out as it sits. It is a Phantom 1.1.1, so I can use my existing Lipos, Naza-M V2 flight controller, DJI 25 circuit board V3 with canbus. OSDI mini for FPV telemetry overlay, and of course FPV transmitter and video receiver. This exactly how I bought it, so far I have done nothing to it. Any suggestions are appreciated!

I have spent over 20 years with the r/c hobby on the ground, mixed in a few years of planes, a small time with helicopters, and here I am heading back into the air again. I look forward to learning from you all, and eventually being able to become the one offering help to newbies like myself!

Reactions: FlywithHer
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s :)

Reactions: GMayberry
Welcome to the boards "neighbor".

Where are you at in Virginia

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No kidding, I'm in Martinsville, would love to get together and fly. I'm in Roanoke several times a week at the VA hospital

No kidding, I'm in Martinsville, would love to get together and fly. I'm in Roanoke several times a week at the VA hospital

That would be good, you could actually be the first person I know to fly with! I ventured into this all on my own, so I am learning as I go. My time is really limited right now, as we are building an addition onto our house, and our daughters do competitive cheerleading, so we are out of town just about every other weekend until April. Have you heard anything about local groups or anything yet?

Don't know of any local groups, I've been flying different types of drones for about 2/12 yrs now. Would be nice to meet up with someone occasionally so just let me know, I'm retired so my time is mostly open.
My name is Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues