Hello from Sutton Coldfield UK

No I haven't - can you just run this or do you need it to be all hooked up and the Quad running?
You need to connect to the quad as normal via wifi and then on the home screen in the top right corner there is a graduates hat, click on this and it takes you to the option to select the sim, I usually leave the props off when using it.

I will give it a go when I get in from work tonight - any help / experience would be good

Do you know much about the need to be connected on 3G etc when using the Phantom? I have an iPad mini 4 but it is wi fi only - not 3G - what functions will / won't work with this version - any idea?

Errrr - cache the maps? Sorry to sound a bit thick but is that easy to do and do you do it through the App?

I can't for the life of me find the 'Cache Maps in Background' setting anywhere in general settings?

The easiest way to do it is open up the app whilst you have wifi and then make the map portion bigger, scroll to where you are going to fly and the maps should cache.

Ill give that a try thanks - taking it down to my local range tomorrow to see how I get on - have a fair amount of space there - around 100m by 100m so should be plenty for now

I think I may have that on mine already - not too sure - but wouldn't be a bad thing to start with

Sounds like you have had similar experiences - I bought a Soma XC5 copy, then an XC5, then the FPV version, and then a Pioneer 509 with built in FPV monitor on the controller - which is the one I lost up the tree - so I now have several cheap drones - which is one of the reasons I bought the Phantom - decided it would probably be more cost effective in the long run ! If yo know of anywhere suitable to fly maybe half way between us would be more than happy to meet. I only have 2 batteries so flight time would be limited but could be a good learning opportunity.

i have though about the clent hill would be a nice place to fly ,but havent as yet probably would have to be early morning before it got busy

There is a cafe called Nimmings Wood Cafe - and a handy car park nearby - not exactly sure of the Terrain but it is in the midst of the Clent Hills NT area. An early start there could be a good flight and then there is the cafe for the debrief........

There is also the Four Stones pub in the Clent Hills area - if you look at Google Maps you will see a nice valley with interesting terrain running off to the east - worth a look for you maybe?

I did think that the top of Clee Hill would be a good place to fly - but there are lots of sheep around there which could be an issue?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik