Hello from Sutton Coldfield UK

Have you utilised the flight sim within the DJI app, whilst it doesn't give you a FPV from the camera it is useful for getting used to controls and the app interface.

If you go to the screen where you connect to your quad in the top right corner there is a symbol that looks like a graduates hat, once you are connected to your quad in the usual way click on that, I tend to leave the props off when using it just in case.

Technology And old people don't go together. I'll look next time I fly. Thank you do you have a phantom

Thank you any time you're in Wolverhampton area let me know I'd like to see a real drone pilot fly.

Hi - just joined - looking to buy my first Phantom and really not sure which model to get - how are you doing with your standard 3?

Hi

Im really happy with it ,im more into the flying than the photography but the photos and video are top quality ,its easy to fly too

Took the plunge and stretched to the 4 - may regret it but decided I might as well get the latest model as they seem to update them often. DO you fly with anyone else or just alone? Are there clubs to swap ideas / tips locally? Not sure if this would even work just interested to know.

Took the plunge and stretched to the 4 - may regret it but decided I might as well get the latest model as they seem to update them often. DO you fly with anyone else or just alone? Are there clubs to swap ideas / tips locally? Not sure if this would even work just interested to know.

True , i bought my P3S just before the 4 came out but im happy with it ,ive adapted the holder to hold a tablet ,
im flying alone at the moment
Where you based ?

Im in Kidderminster. Biggest issue I know I am going to have is building the confidence to let the drone do what it can do. Had cheap £50 versions before - to be fair they were ok as a training aid - but got one stuck up a tree after I sent it a little high and it couldn't cope with the wind - which was more powerful than the little motors. Got it down after 5 days and the thing still worked !!!. Just thought meeting up with someone / others who know what they are doing would be a good way to gain confidence.

Im in Kidderminster. Biggest issue I know I am going to have is building the confidence to let the drone do what it can do. Had cheap £50 versions before - to be fair they were ok as a training aid - but got one stuck up a tree after I sent it a little high and it couldn't cope with the wind - which was more powerful than the little motors. Got it down after 5 days and the thing still worked !!!. Just thought meeting up with someone / others who know what they are doing would be a good way to gain confidence.

I started with a £60 syma xc5 was ok for learning but also lost it in a tree ,would be interested in meeting / flying with others

Sounds like you have had similar experiences - I bought a Soma XC5 copy, then an XC5, then the FPV version, and then a Pioneer 509 with built in FPV monitor on the controller - which is the one I lost up the tree - so I now have several cheap drones - which is one of the reasons I bought the Phantom - decided it would probably be more cost effective in the long run ! If yo know of anywhere suitable to fly maybe half way between us would be more than happy to meet. I only have 2 batteries so flight time would be limited but could be a good learning opportunity.

Have you utilised the flight sim within the DJI app, whilst it doesn't give you a FPV from the camera it is useful for getting used to controls and the app interface.

No I haven't - can you just run this or do you need it to be all hooked up and the Quad running?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub