Hello from Sunny Seattle, WA!

Reaction score
Howdy, Phantoms! Jon here from Seattle. Recent arrival in the flying food processor world, but many years of designing, building and crashing fixed-wing aircraft.

Reason I'm joining is I recently decided to start taking aerial cinematography seriously and have a 2-year plan mapped out for myself, including making nice with the FAA as soon as possible, getting some experience photographing rich people's lake-side fortresses for the real estate industry and ultimately enjoying a fruitful career either flying drones for Hollywood or the CIA, whoever is hiring at the time.

I'm extremely adept with electronics in general and the principles of flight, and already work in the Seattle film industry, art department. So the crashing of all three of these things into a new specialization led me to purchase a starter Phantom, a two-year old rescue Vision Plus from Kentucky that took a hard landing with gimbal damage that I'm certain all of you are familiar with by now. I'm currently rebuilding it and will be seeking some direction. Almost done, though and looking so forward to practicing my rudiments over some scenic Seattle shoreline. Thank you in advance for your time and wisdom. Anybody that can point me to some worthwhile quad gatherings in the Seattle area, I'd surely appreciate it.

Your pal,
Jon Darby

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum Jon .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: likestoparty
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: likestoparty
Howdy, Phantoms! Jon here from Seattle. Recent arrival in the flying food processor world, but many years of designing, building and crashing fixed-wing aircraft.

Reason I'm joining is I recently decided to start taking aerial cinematography seriously and have a 2-year plan mapped out for myself, including making nice with the FAA as soon as possible, getting some experience photographing rich people's lake-side fortresses for the real estate industry and ultimately enjoying a fruitful career either flying drones for Hollywood or the CIA, whoever is hiring at the time.

I'm extremely adept with electronics in general and the principles of flight, and already work in the Seattle film industry, art department. So the crashing of all three of these things into a new specialization led me to purchase a starter Phantom, a two-year old rescue Vision Plus from Kentucky that took a hard landing with gimbal damage that I'm certain all of you are familiar with by now. I'm currently rebuilding it and will be seeking some direction. Almost done, though and looking so forward to practicing my rudiments over some scenic Seattle shoreline. Thank you in advance for your time and wisdom. Anybody that can point me to some worthwhile quad gatherings in the Seattle area, I'd surely appreciate it.

Your pal,
Jon Darby

Hello Jon,

I'm just getting into the drone world although I have a PP license with instrument rating, haven't flown for many years. It seems like it was much easier to find a manned plane than find a legal location i seattle to fly a drone (just to learn) and wonder if you have any suggestions. I live on Queen Anne.

Thanks
Mike

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl