Hello from SF Bay area

Reaction score
Hello there

I recently received a Phantom 4 Pro as a gift. It is my first drone and I have never flown before. So, I am a bit apprehensive about flying an expensive drone, but am excited to learn more.

As I scoured the net to learn more about the drones, I found this site and just registered. I have been an SLR photographer (mostly wildlife and birds) for many many years and so this is now a natural progression.

Thank you for having me on this site and I am sure I will learn from the pros here.

Best wishes from the bay area.

-- Vivek

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: birdpixel
Welcome welcome, I am still not an owner yet, but as I work on making my final decision this place is awesome. I am in the central vale not to far form you in SF. Have a great day, look around and find lots of help here.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Hello there

I recently received a Phantom 4 Pro as a gift. It is my first drone and I have never flown before. So, I am a bit apprehensive about flying an expensive drone, but am excited to learn more.

As I scoured the net to learn more about the drones, I found this site and just registered. I have been an SLR photographer (mostly wildlife and birds) for many many years and so this is now a natural progression.

Thank you for having me on this site and I am sure I will learn from the pros here.

Best wishes from the bay area.

-- Vivek
Hi, I purchased the Phantom 4 Pro about 3 weeks ago, still learning all of the functions and watching many YouTube video's...I am very cautious and do not fly in any crowded area. I found a good tablet like the iPad mini is making flying much easier then my Samsung phone. So far I have found flying easy and the controls are really nice. Work in beginner mode before you fly any distance. Wishing you great flying ...GM

Hi, I purchased the Phantom 4 Pro about 3 weeks ago, still learning all of the functions and watching many YouTube video's...I am very cautious and do not fly in any crowded area. I found a good tablet like the iPad mini is making flying much easier then my Samsung phone. So far I have found flying easy and the controls are really nice. Work in beginner mode before you fly any distance. Wishing you great flying ...GM

Thanks a lot for the pointers. Still watching the videos and finally charged the batteries yesterday. Are there any specific youtube videos you recommend? I would love to get basic pointers. Thanks again.

Thanks a lot everyone for making me feel welcome. I appreciate it. I intend to lurk around, learn and when I get better, contribute to the fora. Thanks again.

I also just purchased a high end sun shade for my iPad 9.7 " tablet from AERIALDRONEACCESSORIES.COM , looks like a great product (expensive), but will help with seeing where I am flying. You will notice it is hard to see the screen on sunny days...you will constantly be looking to stand in a shaded area...a screen shade solves that problem

You may also want to purchase a DVD ( I bought mine from B&H Photo) called "how to fly the DJI Phantom 4...shoot stunning photos & Video" by Colin Smith...it shows all of the menu's and how to adjust. Much easier then trying to follow the manual.

In all honesty if you've ever played video games in your life then you're ready to fly. The controls are extremely intuitive and the quad copter is very easy to fly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.