Hello from Northern Ireland :D

Reaction score
I've already posted a bit in the forums but I thought I should give a proper hello seeing as I'm picking up my P3S tonight!

I'm a 37 yo guy from Northern Ireland, been a keen photographer for a number of years and I'm really looking forward to expanding on this with the Phantom.

I mainly photograph abandoned buildings

There's a lot of places I spot on Google Maps that are fairly far off the road and having that Phantom will allow me to spot potential places to explore much more easily.

Now if only the b****y rain would stop.......[emoji12]

Also anyone in NI feel free to give me a shout, I'll probably not be out as often as I'd like (the joys of having 4 kids!) but I'd love to meet up if possible.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

I've already posted a bit in the forums but I thought I should give a proper hello seeing as I'm picking up my P3S tonight!

I'm a 37 yo guy from Northern Ireland, been a keen photographer for a number of years and I'm really looking forward to expanding on this with the Phantom.

There's a lot of places I spot on Google Maps that are fairly far off the road and having that Phantom will allow me to spot potential places to explore much more easily.

Now if only the b****y rain would stop.......[emoji12]

Also anyone in NI feel free to give me a shout, I'll probably not be out as often as I'd like (the joys of having 4 kids!) but I'd love to meet up if possible.

Welcome

If you have not already done so, check the CAA rules for flying UAV's.
Flying drones | UK Civil Aviation Authority
To protect yourself in the case of an accident, insurance is a good idea. e.g. (BMFA) British Model Flying Association (UK). Click on the link to view their web site :-
British Model Flying Association
It costs £33 at the time of writing.
The next thing to do is join a flying club to learn the ropes. Its more than likely there will be members only too glad to help out with advice.

You might like to try the following apps.

The first one shows UK airspace and includes NOTAMS.

UK AirspaceAVOID for Pilots – Android Apps on Google Play

And :-
No Fly Drones

If you have any questions just ask, but try doing a search first. Its more than likely it has already been asked.

PS. Please stop sending you B****y rain over here. We have enough thanks

https://www.facebook.com/UnseenDecayNI/

(Shamless plug for my (non business) FB page.... :D)

Now if only the b****y rain would stop.......
emoji12.png

I am ex NI, now living in Vietnam. I come back every 6 months -next trip September- as I have business in London and to see my mum. Where abouts are you? I am impatiently waiting two X5Cs to practice on before I buy a proper drone when I am back. Like you my primary interest is photography but I am not prepared to lose the money one a P4P or A and will probably buy a P3S when I am back.

I am ex NI, now living in Vietnam. I come back every 6 months -next trip September- as I have business in London and to see my mum. Where abouts are you? I am impatiently waiting two X5Cs to practice on before I buy a proper drone when I am back. Like you my primary interest is photography but I am not prepared to lose the money one a P4P or A and will probably buy a P3S when I am back.
I'm in Antrim Town. I know someone who recently travelled through Vietnam and loved it!

I'm from the Steeple. We should definitely meet up in Sept, I suspect it will be pi$$ing down. Last time I was there I saw some people flying drones at the round tower.
Steeple here as well! It's a crazy small world!

The round tower is where I'm planning on having my first few flights.

Reactions: mrfish
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Reactions: Proud_Hufflepuff

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj