Hello from New Mexico!

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello, I have been lurking around and decided to register now that I have purchased my uav.
I purchased a used P2v, I feel I got a decent deal, came with T-Motor upgrades, IOSDmini, Zenmuse h3-2d, 5.8ghz transmitter, and a Monitor oh and box of spare rotors and misc cables and bolts and parts. Paid 340$.. only caveat were the batteries were shot and would of been nice if he would of just said so.
I got lucky and met someone who had batteries and a spare p2v for parts. :D

I decided to test the batteries yesterday and just fly around the open field in front of my house, worked great! and I can't wait to learn more and have more fun.

On another note.. one of the neighbors decided to have some target practice while I was testing.. luckily bullet went in and out and missed all the vitals.. still sucks, and unfortunately I wasn't recording and I don't remember my orientation when I heard the gunshot.
14670742_1497732666908793_7625051605316927260_n.jpg

That's crazy! I hope you called the police.

Welcome to the site!

I didn't... I really never thought someone would shoot it.. especially my neighbors.
After researching and learning that it's a crime to shoot one I made a announcement on my facebook page hoping who ever did it may see it or someone they know will see it.

But if it were to happen again for sure I will pursue legal action or what ever I can. does suck to spend your hard earned cash on something just to have it treated like trash. I know I wasn't on any property besides my own and definitely not hovering above anyone or flying suspiciously I was literally hovering just watching voltages and I was a little concerned to go too high as I had just got the batteries and didn't trust them enough to go above 200ft.. I was at like 140ft if I recall.
We heard the shot and I honestly didn't think much of it, my wife was concerned and told me to bring it in and that we should let neighbors know that I was flying.

I did confront our kinfolk that were outside, kinda drunk mind you, that it was me flying and they "acted" like they knew nothing.. I kinda have a feeling their son shot at it and then realized it was being flown by us so he left.. maybe the father didn't see or maybe the father did and is covering for his kid.. so I'm confident it won't happen again. But if it does I guarantee I'll exercise my rights.

Reactions: MicRod
I didn't... I really never thought someone would shoot it.. especially my neighbors.
After researching and learning that it's a crime to shoot one I made a announcement on my facebook page hoping who ever did it may see it or someone they know will see it.

But if it were to happen again for sure I will pursue legal action or what ever I can. does suck to spend your hard earned cash on something just to have it treated like trash. I know I wasn't on any property besides my own and definitely not hovering above anyone or flying suspiciously I was literally hovering just watching voltages and I was a little concerned to go too high as I had just got the batteries and didn't trust them enough to go above 200ft.. I was at like 140ft if I recall.
We heard the shot and I honestly didn't think much of it, my wife was concerned and told me to bring it in and that we should let neighbors know that I was flying.

I did confront our kinfolk that were outside, kinda drunk mind you, that it was me flying and they "acted" like they knew nothing.. I kinda have a feeling their son shot at it and then realized it was being flown by us so he left.. maybe the father didn't see or maybe the father did and is covering for his kid.. so I'm confident it won't happen again. But if it does I guarantee I'll exercise my rights.

good thing no one was hurt, wheew, where did this happen?

BigClur,
Welcome to the forum.I am also new here but I have had a great experience so far.A very friendly and helpful bunch.
Living in the uk we have our fair share of nutters but what has happened to you is shocking to say the least.
I hope this doesn't deter your fun and experience these drones bring.
All the best,

Scott[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

BigClur,
Welcome to the forum.I am also new here but I have had a great experience so far.A very friendly and helpful bunch.
Living in the uk we have our fair share of nutters but what has happened to you is shocking to say the least.
I hope this doesn't deter your fun and experience these drones bring.
All the best,

Scott[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Cheers! [emoji106] I love the community, even locally the people I've met so far are awesome.

welcome to the forum, if you need a hand of have questions feel free, my first phantom was a P2V+ , i used to fly blade coaxial copters , initially i got it just to fly, didn't really think about the camera. its been really fun and i've learned alot! Enjoy! before you know it youll want a P4 or mavic or maybe an inspire! crazy you got shot at already, yikes

Help!!!
Are there any drone pilots out there who have implanted pacemakers and can confirm no interference between RC controller and pacemaker. I can't be the only guy in the world who has a pacemaker and wants to enter the work of drone flying...DJI unfortunately dodged the issue.
Hunter

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Help!!!
Are there any drone pilots out there who have implanted pacemakers and can confirm no interference between RC controller and pacemaker. I can't be the only guy in the world who has a pacemaker and wants to enter the work of drone flying...DJI unfortunately dodged the issue.
Hunter

That's a good question. If I were you I'd start a new post, general discussion, on the subject. More pilots will see it there and hopefully answer your question. Good luck!

Reactions: BigClur
Welcome to the forum. I'm in Socorro with a P2V+ and a P3. Had some troubles with my P2V+ on landings with it tipping over or kicking up our desert sand into the motors (which blew a couple of ESC boards). No problems since I started hand catching on landings. Our sand can be nasty. Other than that, lots of great flying and scenery in New Mexico. Where you at?

Welcome to the forum. I'm in Socorro with a P2V+ and a P3. Had some troubles with my P2V+ on landings with it tipping over or kicking up our desert sand into the motors (which blew a couple of ESC boards). No problems since I started hand catching on landings. Our sand can be nasty. Other than that, lots of great flying and scenery in New Mexico. Where you at?

I'm up in the Northern NM area. I live in Española and travel to Taos and Santa Fe often. . There's a lot of beautiful scenery around here.

Welcome to the forums, I'm new here as well, first day actually lol I read your up near espanola? I bet you get some really nice shots up there it's quite beautiful in that area of the state. I live down in socorro.

Welcome to all new folk! I'm in Denver City, by Hobbs NM, I know Hobbs kinda sucks, but I do travel all over New Mexico, maybe if I'm in the area sometime I'll post and let y'all know! Keep on flying high!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan