Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Hello from New Mexico!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by drunkpenguin, Jun 13, 2016.

1. drunkpenguin

drunkpenguin Guest

Hi! I broke down this weekend and bought a phantom 3 standard after a kid that works for me has been wearing me down for about a year. The girls were out of town so I said to my 17 year old son, "We need something to do this weekend, lets go buy a drone!" I've never flown one before, but wow these things are fun! I had no idea the tech had come this far. You might want to change the name of this forum because it seems like pilots are not really even needed anymore. :)

I'm sure I'll have questions along the way so I thought I better find the experts.

Also, I already crashed into a tree once, oops. No worries, the drone came out fine!

One question since I'm a newbie, is it ok to call them drones? Or is that frowned upon? I've heard things. :)
  2. alienmaster

Jun 19, 2016
    Hello fellow New Mexican, I've had my aerial video platform (drone LOL) for about a month, also a phantom 3 standard.

I just found an app called b4u fly it uses your GPS data to let you know if you are in violation of no fly zones.