Hello from Midwest City, Ok. - new member, about to be flyer

Reaction score
I just wanted to say hello to the forum. I ordered my Phantom 3 Advanced today. Very excited to begin flying. I fly fixed wing RC but nothing as sophisticated as the Phantom.

I am learning a lot from the content of this forum and just wanted to say thanks for sharing so much information.

Regards,
Dave

Hey Dave. I'm in south OKC. Been flying for a couple months now. Welcome to your new addiction!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey Dave. I'm in south OKC. Been flying for a couple months now. Welcome to your new addiction!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thank you for the greeting. Had my first flight tonight. DJIGO says I need to update firmware, but I find that a little intimidating after reading all the bad reports about doing so. But if I don't then the red lights on the bird will not go off. I have a lot to learn.

Where do you fly at?

I am still running 1.3 so if you are worried about the newer versions I would just recommend installing 1.3. I wouldn't worry too much about the firmware though as DJI will repair/replace if something goes wrong that is not user error. Just remember to update the batteries and RC as well. There is definitely a lot to learn!

I started off just flying around my neighborhood and parks by my house. I would make sure to practice and get very comfortable with all the functions of the Phantom before taking it anywhere else though. Practice Return To Home (RTH), flying on map view (for when you lose LOS or orientation), flying in atti mode, know the menus like the back of your hand, etc. I am finally comfortable enough to start venturing out. Took it out to the river downtown last weekend.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thank you for the greeting. Had my first flight tonight. DJIGO says I need to update firmware, but I find that a little intimidating after reading all the bad reports about doing so. But if I don't then the red lights on the bird will not go off. I have a lot to learn.

Where do you fly at?
Welcome, Dave. I just got my P4 recently and I've read many of the same posts about problems updating the firmware, but I had absolutely no problem at all. Remember that you're probably not going to hear from all the people who have no problem. Human nature.

Either way, good luck and I look forward to seeing any pictures or video that you might want to share.

I am still running 1.3 so if you are worried about the newer versions I would just recommend installing 1.3. I wouldn't worry too much about the firmware though as DJI will repair/replace if something goes wrong that is not user error. Just remember to update the batteries and RC as well. There is definitely a lot to learn!

I started off just flying around my neighborhood and parks by my house. I would make sure to practice and get very comfortable with all the functions of the Phantom before taking it anywhere else though. Practice Return To Home (RTH), flying on map view (for when you lose LOS or orientation), flying in atti mode, know the menus like the back of your hand, etc. I am finally comfortable enough to start venturing out. Took it out to the river downtown last weekend.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
WOW that is a cool video. That looked like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing that

Welcome, Dave. I just got my P4 recently and I've read many of the same posts about problems updating the firmware, but I had absolutely no problem at all. Remember that you're probably not going to hear from all the people who have no problem. Human nature.

Either way, good luck and I look forward to seeing any pictures or video that you might want to share.

Thanks! After my first flight and how well it went I am really stoked about flying. I like detail related things, so enjoy the technical aspects of flying this aircraft.

I have already been asked to do a flight through a new building my company is about to open and shoot some video. That might be fun.

I am a big believer in the prop guards as they saved my butt on the first flight. Got to wrapped up in watching the tablet and drifted under some limbs. The bird staggered and dropped about a foot then recovered and stabilized. No damage to blades or anything, I lucked out and learned an important lesson.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers