Hello from Massachusetts

Reaction score
I just received my shiny new Phantom 3 as a birthday gift and I must say- this thing is awesome! I had a Parrot drone, purchased at Brookstone, prior to this. It was a fun first drone but pales in comparison to this one. I'm amazed by how well the Phantom 3 handles, how easy it is to control, how well the photo quality is, HOW HIGH IT CAN GO! (Kinda scary actually). I've got so many questions, that I'm hopeful fellow Phantom fliers can answer, that I don't even know where to begin. I'll be poking around here quite frequently. Thanks for reading!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Welcome! My first flight, last weekend, was a little scary, too. I had this image of a giant pile of really fragile dollar bills suspended over my head, up at what seemed like 300 feet high. A review of my flight log revealed my maximum altitude was 36 feet. They're pretty tough, though.

Have fun! And I'm looking forward to seeing any pictures or videos you might want to share. I've never been to Massachusetts.

James, that's a pretty accurate description of what a quad copter is- a fragile $500 bill, precariously floating in the air. That's probably because that's exactly what it is ;-). As soon as I figure out all the nuances of my quad's camera, I'll start posting photos. Thanks for your interest!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mark C.
Welcome from New Hampshire! Enjoy your new bird, I'm new to this stuff as well. I bought a P4 and having a great time learning and flying!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: massphantomguy
Welcome to the Phantom Family. Yes, it can be a bit scary at first, but will become second nature very quickly. Then it's all fun. Remember, we were all beginners with our phantoms at one time or another. There are NO stupid questions. So if you have a question...ask away! Somebody will give you the answer you need. Blue skies and calm winds !

When I got my P4 two weeks ago, I took my time with it and watched a bunch of YouTube videos, leaned quite a bit. I kept my P4 in beginner mode until I was confident in my control, also learned how to edit film and photos. Here is a video of my first flight out of beginners mode and an attempt at editing.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Applecrest Farm... I never even thought about that as a possible place to fly. I'm only about 20 minutes from there. Did you have to get permission from the Wagner's to fly there or can you just take your drown up there and fly? Beautiful footage BTW!

Welcome aboard Massphantom, Nice Vid Mark C, where is Applecrest Farm ?

Just got into drones, got my P3P last month and I am in the early stages of learning.

I'm in the Bolton area, maybe some of us should figure out a place to meet and fly sometime soon

One my flying area's , wish it was my place LOL

DJI_0007.JPG

Applecrest Farm is in Hampton Falls, NH. I've gone apple & strawberry picking there and now I really want to fly there! That's a beautiful shot there. Where is that anyway? Is that Mount Wachusett in the background? I'd love to meet up with people and fly.

Correct, that's Wachusett out there, not sure where Applecrest is, but looks great ! Will try to think of central location for some flying !

Applecrest Farm... I never even thought about that as a possible place to fly. I'm only about 20 minutes from there. Did you have to get permission from the Wagner's to fly there or can you just take your drown up there and fly? Beautiful footage BTW!

I went up to see if they would let me fly over the farm, wanted to get footage of the Apple orchards during there bloom and was hoping to go back in the fall. The store was closing as I got there and one of the workers gave me the contact info. He also mentioned the area next to the barn was for public access. I took photos with my phone and flew my drone only in the public area. I contacted the manager and he forwarded the email to Todd Wagner, who replied to me. They have a person they have a relationship with, that has been filming and out of respect of the relationship he doesn't feel that giving access to others would be good for the relationship. I respect his reply. There are many other orchards and seasons with blooms.
My intentions were to gain experience and offered to give them all the footage and photos for letting me using the property.
They have a beautiful property and rolling hills that the orchards sit on. I can just imagine how it will look in a few weeks.

I'm 20 minutes from Applecrest as well, but North.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.