Hello from London!

Reaction score
Hello!

I have been lurking around this website for a couple of months and finally decided to register an account and join in. My name is Gary and I come from the Surrey/London area of the UK. I was interested in drones the moment I saw them upon the first release and decided to invest in the Phantom 3 standard to start me off and sure enough, I upgraded to the Phantom 4 within weeks as the addiction had set in and showed my partner how to use the phantom 3 and sure enough she also become hooked and I recently bought her a Mavic Pro and she loves it even gave it a name... Rebecca... We both love flying our drones and are planning many trips to get some great footage in the coming weeks.

I would love to hear some advice on flying drones and some suggestions as to what areas, especially around the UK, are great for footage as I have recently been contacted by Yuneec who have asked me to feature one of their drones in an upcoming video on my YouTube channel and as I have never reviewed a drone product before properly any help would be greatly accepted and appreciated :D

I hopefully look forward to getting some know some drone nuts like myself! :D

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum Gary.

If you have not already done so, check the CAA rules for flying UAV's.

Flying drones | UK Civil Aviation Authority

To protect yourself in the case of an accident, insurance is a good idea. e.g. (BMFA) British Model Flying Association (UK). Click on the link to view their web site :-

British Model Flying Association

It costs £33 at the time of writing.

The next thing to do is join a flying club to learn the ropes. Its more than likely there will be members only too glad to help out with advice.

You might like to try the following apps.

The first one shows UK airspace and includes NOTAMS.

UK AirspaceAVOID for Pilots – Android Apps on Google Play

And :-

No Fly Drones

If you have any questions try doing a search first by clicking the magnifying glass top right. You might find your question has already been asked and it will save you time.

Enjoy the forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: NinjaGaz
Welcome to the forum Gaz.

If you have not already done so, check the CAA rules for flying UAVs.

Flying drones | UK Civil Aviation Authority

To protect yourself in the case of an accident, insurance is a good idea. e.g. (BMFA) British Model Flying Association (UK). Click on the link to view their web site :-

British Model Flying Association

It costs £33 at the time of writing.

The next thing to do is join a flying club to learn the ropes. Its more than likely there will be members only too glad to help out with advice.

You might like to try the following apps.

The first one shows UK airspace and includes NOTAMS.

UK AirspaceAVOID for Pilots – Android Apps on Google Play

And :-

No Fly Drones

If you have any questions just ask, but try doing a search first. Its more than likely it has already been asked.

Enjoy the forum.

Wow thank you for all of that information and I will, of course, check these links out. The insurance one is a definite option for me for obvious reasons :D

You might be slightly correct. :)

Have a look at this vid made by another member on the forum. One of the best I have seen so far. It holds the interest and gives facts, which makes it all the more interesting.

Dundas Aqueduct near Bath by drone - YouTube

I am still learning filming and editing and have a long way to go.

One thing I forgot to mention is that before you take off, always get permission from the landowner to do so.

Reactions: abbeyaerialvideo
You might be slightly correct. :)

Have a look at this vid made by another member on the forum. One of the best I have seen so far. It holds the interest and gives facts, which makes it all the more interesting.

Dundas Aqueduct near Bath by drone - YouTube

I am still learning filming and editing and have a long way to go.

One thing I forgot to mention is that before you take off, always get permission from the landowner to do so.
Most kind!

Reactions: deltamike
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome along ..I flew over Prince Edwards estate recently ...but dont tell anyone !!
Portsmouth/ Southsea is good place to fly and a nice day out, greenham common near Newbury the former cruise missile site/airport
again a pleasant afternoon. Brighton is nice around the Marina I much prefer flying over water these days. Enjoy !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav