Hello from Leicester U.K.

Reaction score
Hello I'm a total newbie ,can't believe I've bought myself a phantom 3 pro ,I've only used my little sons hubsan 502s and I was panic stiriken and too chicken to do it without his input ,so here goes !Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say I'm desperately trying to prove you can teach an old dog new tricks .forum looks awesome and I'll try and not upset people too much with my daft questions apologies in advance if I do something incorrectly I'm new to all of this!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: Drusha
Thanks msinger I've ordered a new p3s and some bits from eBay I'll try and source the rest from here to support you guys ! I didn't know about this before.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Greeting Fellow UK person, im based up near Stockport but the edge of it which is basically Derbyshire :D

Hello Green Phantom ,and thanks for saying hello ,what has been your experience of flying so far ,what's your best advice for a ham fisted 50 year old I'm not completely useless but i seem to be the sort that takes an age to learn but then never forgets it once it's in . Any must haves advice ,any don't bother to's.
I've bought loads of bits on eBay ,filters ,protectors etc , do you know if it will screw my warranty if I fit plates for motors as a preventative measure ,and I wanted to fit range extender to my remote ! Am I best to buy a second hand one to do this again not to mess with warranty ? Have you had any experience with fitting led lights etc ?Thanks in advance [emoji851]

Hi Drusha

From my experience, which is not that long a time ha, i can definitely say the following to produce better footage:

- First reduce your camera speed so when panning up and down you get a nice smoother finish.
- Reduce your Yaw, many youtube videos for this.
- Try film in the 2.7k 24fps as you can then either reduce in editing or keep that higher res
- If it is sunny, even when not i now use a CPL lens to help improve the footage - my video for this but i see you already have something
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
- get yourself a Carbon Fibre camera gible protector. Ebay will come up with many. This is piece of mind incase you land hard and save your gimble

Personally i dont want to fly beyond me seeing the drone so i am not touching any extenders. But im sure in the future if i buy a better Drone i will fly further to capture new styles of footage.

Hope some of the above was of some help ha. I am now quite confident with filming but still learning. You can see my videos here:
ADMR1985

my latest video edit which i am really proud of:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ask any questions you have on them.

Lastly have fun :)

You have every right to be proud !!! Wow ,at one point I thought she was going to hit that chimney stack ,nice effect .
Ever since I was a kid they have been my favourite sweet ,and now I'm a even bigger kid I still buy them weekly much to my dentists disgust.
Bless for the tips ,I'll try them out when feeling brave enough ,I've chickened out and purchase a cheap p2 form eBay to practise with ;0)

Reactions: Green Phantom
Hi Panda ,Glad to hear from you !! I live on Aylestone rd and I'm lucky enough to have the canal and Aylestone meadows on my doorstep ,not that I fly along the canal! However there is a huge field within 5 mins from my house and that's where my son and I play(0;
Maybe we could meet up some time ,swap stories good n bad any any tips and advice we've found useful.
There are a couple of clubs in Leicester ,not that I've used them yet as I've preferred to go it alone whilst practicing ,what u flying and how you coping with your new addiction (0;
We started out ordering a p3pro and as it was coming from far away snail post we bought a p2 to practise with ! Then a p2 vision plus and to complete the madness a p2 vision ,we've built a f550 clone and are half way through our second build .
As I said lovely to hear from you ,let's meet up sometime .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31