Hello from Kuwait....

Reaction score
Hello my new Phantom Fam...

About 2 months ago I watched a co-worker flying his Mavic on the Beach, he asked if I would like to fly it..... At that time... I had never seen a Drone before sooooo of course, I said no.... I would never grab someone else's controller without any prior training and possibly ruin our working relationship should I crash it. That same night I went home did some research, dove right in and bought a Phantom 4. Now I'm about a month in with my own Phantom and loving it. This is a very serious hobby.... And in regards to the Crawl, Walk, Run stages.... I will be in the crawl stage for quite some time.... but I'm ok with that.

When you see me about the forums asking questions... Just know that I'm new to this, and I'm trying to catch up by picking up the pieces that you all have left behind.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Hello my new Phantom Fam...

About 2 months ago I watched a co-worker flying his Mavic on the Beach, he asked if I would like to fly it..... At that time... I had never seen a Drone before sooooo of course, I said no.... I would never grab someone else's controller without any prior training and possibly ruin our working relationship should I crash it. That same night I went home did some research, dove right in and bought a Phantom 4. Now I'm about a month in with my own Phantom and loving it. This is a very serious hobby.... And in regards to the Crawl, Walk, Run stages.... I will be in the crawl stage for quite some time.... but I'm ok with that.

When you see me about the forums asking questions... Just know that I'm new to this, and I'm trying to catch up by picking up the pieces that you all have left behind.
Yip happy flyin :)

New here too........... After cutting my teeth on the cheap drones that don't do anything to help you fly, my P3S is a world apart. I tend to jump in as much as possible and could only afford the one I got. After I've been at it a while I'll probably pick up a much better unit. Until then, I'm doing everything I can to get the most out of this one.

New here too........... After cutting my teeth on the cheap drones that don't do anything to help you fly, my P3S is a world apart. I tend to jump in as much as possible and could only afford the one I got. After I've been at it a while I'll probably pick up a much better unit. Until then, I'm doing everything I can to get the most out of this one.

When I purchased my Phantom 4, I went in HOT without any type of support group.... While watching some very informed video's on youtube.... off in the background of one, I saw a sticker with Phantompilots.com on it.... Soooooo here I am!!!

And now I find myself in the same room with some of the World's Best Pilots..... Yeah... I can do this!!!!
smokindawg... I think we are gonna be ok!

William-that's how I got here,,saw a guy at a car [emoji594] show flight one,walked over asked what it was,,went home and bought one,,found this forum,,been happy ever since,,,good luck ,have fun and welcome

William, that's correct. I'm just taking my time with flights. Keeping them short and learning from each. I am also flying close in around my own house using the obstacles around it to practice some. I'm learning to use the controls without having to think about it so that in an emergency I just naturally push/pull the correct one without having to think about it.

The first couple flights (And I still catch myself doing it) I'd find myself quickly climbing straight up when I meant too go forward. I also am working on learning to control the change in directions when flying toward myself without having to think about it too.

It's fun, but I'll continue to take my time. I don't want too end up with a $500 pile of mangled plastic and electronics. I'm enjoying this too much for that!

We will be fine!

Guys, i know it's an old post, but am desperate to know if we can fly above residential areas, i am located in Abdullah Al-Mubarak, block 2. As you can see that this area is surrounded by desert from 3 sides. Would love to explore but am worried about my drone end up confiscated by the authorities.

Thanks.

Have been in Kuwait myself before at camp doha when I was in the army only tip I can give you is watch those batteries with outside temps hitting 120 degrees Fahrenheit **** near everyday there.

Reactions: DrJPB
Have been in Kuwait myself before at camp doha when I was in the army only tip I can give you is watch those batteries with outside temps hitting 120 degrees Fahrenheit **** near everyday there.
Thanks for the tip, it's already touching 55 degrees (130 Fahrenheit) These days. That's why I am avoiding any flights and taking easy on my new purchase. Guess I have to wait couple of months for the weather to change and go below 40 C (100 F).
Once again thanks.

Reactions: Indiana Scott
Guys can anyone advise me on which filter to be used as per the sunny condition of Kuwait?

Guys can anyone advise me on which filter to be used as per the sunny condition of Kuwait?
Here's a general guide:

Filter-Use-Chart.png

I'm an old fart that started with the balsa wood rubber band powered planes from the 5&10, or drug store. I am in awe of the stuff that we have today. This activity provides for much learning opportunity. Flying and photography. I've only scratched the surface. Looking forward. Happy flying [emoji779]️

Guys, i know it's an old post, but am desperate to know if we can fly above residential areas, i am located in Abdullah Al-Mubarak, block 2. As you can see that this area is surrounded by desert from 3 sides. Would love to explore but am worried about my drone end up confiscated by the authorities.

Thanks.

I keep my drone in the air all over Kuwait.... I'm anti-people and stay away from them as much as possible. As long as you keep it respectful you will be ok...

I keep my drone in the air all over Kuwait.... I'm anti-people and stay away from them as much as possible. As long as you keep it respectful you will be ok...

Good approach, will keep that in mind. Btw I too am anti-people type of guy. [emoji51]

There is a lot to see here in Kuwait.... especially from the air. If you can, put the city in your rear view and take to the desert.... it's surprisingly beautiful and not so full of people.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl