Hello from Denmark

Reaction score
Hi

Just got my P3A last week (first drone), and I'm really looking forward to spend some time with it

Only 3 flights so far due to bad weather and lack of time - but the bad weather isn't only bad, it gives me the time to read a lot of threads on this GREAT forum - only bad thing here is, that I'm getting all scared that it will fall from the sky, fly away, dump into the sea - the only thing I haven't read about, is exploding drones :)

The upcomming weekend COULD offer some fine weather (wind-wise) - temperatures seems to stay just above 0 (celcius) - is that a problem ? "spring-temperatures" doesn't normally show in Denmark / Scandinavia before mid March / April :-(

Otherwise I have access to some large factory buildings - perhaps I should try some indoor flight.....

No matter what - I'm really looking forward to fly and get lots of good ideas from this forum

Have a nice day

Reactions: anden
Hi

The upcomming weekend COULD offer some fine weather (wind-wise) - temperatures seems to stay just above 0 (celcius) - is that a problem ? "spring-temperatures" doesn't normally show in Denmark / Scandinavia before mid March / April :-(

Otherwise I have access to some large factory buildings - perhaps I should try some indoor flight.....

Welcome to the forum. Lots of great advice here.

I'm a new pilot as well, (6 weeks, about 20 flights). I also have a P3A ... many of my flights so far have been under 0 C here in Switzerland, at about 1000m (home point, not flight altitude !)

Cold is proving to be no problem for the P3A. Just make sure ;
  • batteries are "room-temperature warm" before flying
  • you don't push the bird too hard in cold weather, end your flights with plenty of battery.... perhaps > 30%.
  • if necessary, upgrade firmware to latest 1.6 before flying (there was a battery / cold issue with earlier version 1.5).

I really wouldn't try to fly indoors on a first flight, with your first drone. Be prepared to take some flak for that from other members. :tonguewink:

Take advantage of the the simulator during crappy weather... fly a lot in ATTI mode and increase the wind to get a feel for how it reacts. On the advice of other members I practiced doing figure eights, small and big, change directions, etc... I'm no expert, but it has helped build confidence. More experienced members will surely have some good advice.

Fly safe, have fun !

Hi Ted

I've used the simulator 4 or 5 times - fun og educating - especially the wind-thing i clever done

Regarding the indoor flight - I'm well aware of the danger, but then again - no wind, and as long as I'm easy on the htrottle, I have a good feel of the aircraft.

I have upgraded both the drone and batteries to newest firmware

Besides that, I might be new into droneflight, but have done a lot of flying in private planes (Rally 180GT - 5 seater and a Piper PA-28R-200 Cherokee Arrow ) - so I know a little about aviation :)

Stay safe

Looks like you are up to date on the theory. I would recommend to have the first flight in as low wind as possible(I know, it's never no wind in Denmark), any issues will be a lot worse in wind. I have been flying over 3 hour in sub-zero temp, no problem. All the way down to -20c :)

Where in Denmark do you live? I'll be flying at my summerhouse by Jammerbugten in late may, looking forward to it!

Reactions: ShelbyPoker
Welcome again to the forum. I am very new as well, forum member for 2 months and drone owner for 3 weeks. I don't know where I'd be in all of this without the advice from all these guys. I have flown my Standard in well below 32° F/0° C and have seen no issues, it just zips along like usual. My biggest issue has been wind. I had a close call one day when the wind was higher than I thought. As for the horror stories, keep in mind that they are possible and use others horror story as your learning experience. Also think about the fact that these things DO HAPPEN, but in relation to how many Phantoms are out there flying around I'd imagine the statistics are pretty small. Learn as much as possible, practice a lot, stay safe and HAVE FUN!

Reactions: ShelbyPoker
Hi Gary

Thanks for the Welcome

In regards to the horror stories - I know :) besides my interest in drones, I am President of the Danish BMW Club (cars) - and if I only knew what I'm reading on our forum - I wouldn't dare to drive my BMWs - nor would I dare to park them in my garage due to fire risk etc, etc. :)

The "problem" is, that we only read about the "horror stories" - it's very rare that people are posting "Hey - my drone just flew like it was supposed to today - no problems" :)

stay safe

Reactions: Gary M
Hi,

I recently purchased the Phantom 3 4k. I live in Odense Denmark. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!
I am looking for good (not so costly options) for training and to obtain pilot license to fly. I have read about some places that offer training in Denmark and I have also read possibilities for online courses and I am really not certain what the best route to take is. Can anyone share information as to how or what road you took with obtaining your pilot license? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31