Hello from Connecticut!!

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to these forums and live in northwestern Connecticut.

I've just received confirmation that the factory has shipped my Phantom 4 (bought a refurbished for $799). As this is my first drone, I'm very excited and a bit nervous about learning to fly and hoping I don't lose it or break it lol

Aside from introducing myself, I was wondering if anyone had any tips for a newbie such as myself?

Thanks in advance for any advice, tips or tricks!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum Simsbury, be sure and download the manual and read it and watch all the You-Tube video's as well as read in here .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

I started flying my P4 the day after Christmas from my driveway after spending hours playing with simulated flights. I'm still in Beginner's Mode because I want to feel secure in flight and I live in a congested complex. I ensure there are no vehicles or walkers under a clear area across the street that I want to maneuver around and up I go doing simple training turns and altitude changes. Now, three weeks into it I feel comfortable enough to take it to the next level. I'm now looking for an open space where I can check myself out. I have nothing but time and I'm in no rush. You'll find, as I have, no matter how high or far you go it's a cool machine.

Reactions: Simsbury
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Hello! I'm new to these forums and live in northwestern Connecticut.

I've just received confirmation that the factory has shipped my Phantom 4 (bought a refurbished for $799). As this is my first drone, I'm very excited and a bit nervous about learning to fly and hoping I don't lose it or break it lol

Aside from introducing myself, I was wondering if anyone had any tips for a newbie such as myself?

Thanks in advance for any advice, tips or tricks!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Hi and welcome. I live in Brookfield and I'll be happy to give you (free) any in-person help you may need. I don't repair anything, just fly. I have a P4, P4P+ and Mavic. See on FB New England Phantom Flyers and tell other New England Flyers about it.

Welcome. I still consider myself a newbie. Read and reread the manual. Run through DJI video sources, look at YouTube videos, read this forum on a daily basis, and practice flight simulations. I was given my P4 for Christmas and I'll tell you right up front I haven't left Beginner's Mode yet. But, I'm about ready to--just as soon as the weather permits. My position is train, train, and train then ease into a broader area of flying because there is no rush and so much to learn. I'm having loads of fun in my front yard! If you rush the learning curve, we'll soon be reading about your first crash on this forum.

I started flying my P4 the day after Christmas from my driveway after spending hours playing with simulated flights. I'm still in Beginner's Mode because I want to feel secure in flight and I live in a congested complex. I ensure there are no vehicles or walkers under a clear area across the street that I want to maneuver around and up I go doing simple training turns and altitude changes. Now, three weeks into it I feel comfortable enough to take it to the next level. I'm now looking for an open space where I can check myself out. I have nothing but time and I'm in no rush. You'll find, as I have, no matter how high or far you go it's a cool machine.
My suggestion, as you are doing, master the flying skills and FAA Registration/Regs. Then onto photography skills and post production. You probably already know that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl