Hello from Colorado

I am a new member and am awaiting my Phantom 3 to arrive any day now. I have flown RC planes and helicopters in the past but it has been a while. I am also a commercial pilot with an A&P rating but again it has been a while.

From my Avatar you can see what my real love in life is and somehow ???? I am hoping to combine aerial video with the motorcycle riding.:eek:

I have been doing a lot of reading and am now scared of this thing before it even arrives. LOL:

Transmitter binding, IMU updating, P3P firmware updating, controller firmware updating, (all with several different methods to do so), tablet firmware updating, compass calibration, all sorts of issues on the new birds. I hope it goes smoothly. :)

Great forum you have here and I am off to read more horror stories :)

Marc
Hey Marc,

I am in Arvada right next door. I have a P3 Pro and would love to help you if needed. I am pretty near a big soccer field where I did most of my learning with my P3 and other cheap quads.

So if you want to drive the bike up to Arvada and bring your new baby maybe we can take flight. Here is video I did at the sand dunes last week.
YouTube + Great Sand Dunes Rob Jones.

Rob

WOW people are everywhere and so willing to help. It is most appreciated.

I live about 2 miles from Jeffco airport so no flying at my house at all. :-(

Oh well it gives me an excuse to get out and about.

I have searched but have not found anything on this. Hopefully someone can answer my question.

Up at my cabin the ground is not necessarily level. Not terribly off level but it could be several degrees.

What can I expect if I try to take off from say a 3deg slant? Will the quad just do it with no drama? Will it take off sideways and I must compensate quickly?

And then same question on landing on same.

Will I turn into a zombie and terrorize the earth ? :confused:

Thanks.

Marc

I have searched but have not found anything on this. Hopefully someone can answer my question.

Up at my cabin the ground is not necessarily level. Not terribly off level but it could be several degrees.

What can I expect if I try to take off from say a 3deg slant? Will the quad just do it with no drama? Will it take off sideways and I must compensate quickly?

And then same question on landing on same.

Will I turn into a zombie and terrorize the earth ? :confused:

Thanks.

Marc

So where I live in Summit County nothing is level, hardly anything is smooth. I immediately purchased prop guards and once I put them on have not taken them off. They have saved my propellers more times than I can count. Sometimes when you land it just happens to have a rock under a skid and a bit of a breeze and on a slight grade and over it goes. On take-off I typically pop the thing up off the uneven ground with aggressive throttle, very aggressive but most the time short of slamming the throttle into military thrust. I drop the throttle back to center position when between 5 and 10 feet above ground level (AGL). Let it hover for a bit, maybe 20-30 seconds, if all is looking good I go about whatever flight plan I have in mind. If the bird seems to act erratic on hover I will tap around on the sticks and see if it doesn't straighten out, if it continues to act funny I gently bring it back to the ground and turn the bird's power off, wait 10 seconds, power her back up, and repeat the evolution. If it still acts up it is time for a bit of calibration. Last resort, threaten it with a big stick, that always works. lol

Reactions: lomax

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31