Hello from China

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just wanted to pop in and say hi. My name's Shane, I come from England, but I live in Dalian, China (been here for 11 years).

I got my Phantom 3 Professional for Christmas, and I'm still learning the basics (I've never flown a radio controlled vehicle in my life!). I'm thoroughly enjoying it though!

I joined this site about a week ago, and I think it's really a great place to meet fellow pilots and get help & advice.

I'll sign off now. Nice to meet you all!

Hello everyone, I just wanted to pop in and say hi. My name's Shane, I come from England, but I live in Dalian, China (been here for 11 years).

I got my Phantom 3 Professional for Christmas, and I'm still learning the basics (I've never flown a radio controlled vehicle in my life!). I'm thoroughly enjoying it though!

I joined this site about a week ago, and I think it's really a great place to meet fellow pilots and get help & advice.

I'll sign off now. Nice to meet you all!

Hi Shane, I'm headed to China next week to Nantong outside of Shanghai. I'm debating whether to take my P3P. I was surprised that China seems fairly open to drones. Can you tell me if you had any negative experiences with authorities or do you have any words of caution?

Hi Shane, I'm headed to China next week to Nantong outside of Shanghai. I'm debating whether to take my P3P. I was surprised that China seems fairly open to drones. Can you tell me if you had any negative experiences with authorities or do you have any words of caution?

Hi! I've not really had any negative experience yet (I always fly with my Chinese wife, that way she can handle anyone who starts asking questions or shouts!), but I think it really depends where you fly. As long as you follow the basic rules (stay away from large crowds - difficult in China, I know!) you should be okay. I tend to stay away from public squares and anywhere where there is a police presence. That might mean just going up a hill or around a corner a few hundred feet. I'd say the bigger issue is the draw of the crowd; it's not unusual to have about twenty or so people standing around you, trying desperately to see your screen, asking many questions about the Phantom etc. Obviously, if you draw a crowd, you might also draw unwanted attention from authorities. So, stay out of the way and there shouldn't be any issue.

The only other issue I can see is Chinese customs. I've heard people say they had no issue, while others had their Phantoms confiscated (Hangzhou - near Shanghai - has the G20 on soon, and police are clamping down very strictly because of this). As with most things in China, it's down to luck, and who is working that day.

Good luck, and I hope you can bring it here; there's so much to see! Also, this is DJI's home turf, so getting parts etc is fairly easy!

Hi Shane, I'm also in China 11 years. I am in Kunming. Just bought my first P4 drone. Yes this is an amazing device. I am having fun with my new hobby. Endless subject matter here to film.

This is my 2nd vid of my living area if you want to see it.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31