Hello from Boston

Reaction score
Hello!
I just picked up a P3P at Microcenter during the sale they had. I am looking forward to flying it and learning about it here. This is my first experience with a quadcopter.

Congrats and welcome! I have found this forum to be a great pool of the best minds around to help with any questions or help you may have or need. I saw on the other post you are looking for the backpack. Do you not have a case? I will run to micro center this week and if they still have them I'll pick one up for you. I'll keep you posted. Let us know if you have any questions. The first piece of advice I would give you are -

Self tightening props does not mean self tightening. Make sure they are snug.
Spend some time on the included simulator in the Go App. This will help you get used to the orientation and how this effects the pilot. You can also get used to the advanced flight modes here.
Don't fly inside. I don't care that you have prop guards. No matter how good of an idea it seems, trust me it's not. The turbulence these things create is strong. It will drift due to it and it will not end good. Just watch some YouTube videos to see my point.
Fly in an open area for the first few times.
Again, congrats!
These things are awesome

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Congrats and welcome! I have found this forum to be a great pool of the best minds around to help with any questions or help you may have or need. I saw on the other post you are looking for the backpack. Do you not have a case? I will run to micro center this week and if they still have them I'll pick one up for you. I'll keep you posted. Let us know if you have any questions. The first piece of advice I would give you are -

Self tightening props does not mean self tightening. Make sure they are snug.
Spend some time on the included simulator in the Go App. This will help you get used to the orientation and how this effects the pilot. You can also get used to the advanced flight modes here.
Don't fly inside. I don't care that you have prop guards. No matter how good of an idea it seems, trust me it's not. The turbulence these things create is strong. It will drift due to it and it will not end good. Just watch some YouTube videos to see my point.
Fly in an open area for the first few times.
Again, congrats!
These things are awesome

Great information. I actually haven't even opened the box yet. Doing tons of research before flying.

I didn't get a case yet. I really appreciate your offer to check Microcenter for me.

If it was someone close to me, I would tell them to go buy one of those micro drones for 50 bucks or less and fly that around the house for a few days :). I did that and it made a world of difference for me. It really helped with the orientation. Up to you though. I was way to excited to leave it in the box...lol
Once I realized it had a sim, I unboxed it pretty fast. The bird has to be connected to use the sim.
Don't worry it won't take off. You can leave the props off for comfort :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav