Hello from Beautiful British Columbia, Canada.

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a fixed wing pilot from 2006-2011 who was just getting into flying with cameras on board VLOS, a little Turnigy action cam up to a 3lb mid sized Fuji. You'll find video under my name, yes I'm aware I broke a few rules, most of them without really knowing it at the time. Any kids I buzzed were mine or, I had permission/encouragement from the parents, and a good LOS/perspective for a planned flyby. I plan on being very "by the book" drone flying, it's not a foam throw away for one and I don't want to ruin it for myself on anyone else. I do have a spotter, acreage with a huge buffer of no mans land to the west so the potential for some safe adventurous flying is there too.

I wanted to get back into radio control because I've been in a funk playing video games, I want to start pouring my disposable income into something like a video game but outside again. A DJI was my planned second step, my planned first step was some overseas hobby grade FPV racers to work on simple quads VLOS and with my son and buddy radios some Candian legal FPV. After a week of international lipo shipping hell followed by "4-6 weeks" of getting my credit-card refunded instead of store credit to a place I can buy battery operated toys but no batteries.

I'm waiting for my CC to get refunded so I'm using the time to play around with a Sharper Image DX-2 toy drone from Walmart to get the feel back and things like flying/hovering nose in, my way cheaper plan B first step. What I really want to know is I can get a p3pro new or a p4 refurb easily within the budget I'd set and headroom for spare props and some accessories. I would assume the newer generation Phantom is the better choice?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen