Hello from Atlanta, GA

Reaction score
Hello fellow pilots! Very new to drones and hoping to gain some tips and insight from more experienced flyers.

My biggest obstacle seems to be finding legal and interesting locations to get more practice and confidence. I admit, I was naive about that aspect.

The Phantom 4 has been a dream to fly, but I do have a few small issues. Flying over a nearby river was challenging in that the copter was making unusual movements (perhaps confusion with the obstacle avoidance and reflection from the water?).

Very excited about new adventures and, with your help, some answers and fresh perspective. :)

Hi, Starling. If you're near the north side, check in with Atlanta Hobby. In addition to being a large retailer, they have the expertise and access to drone fields you're looking for.

If you're flying recreationally, finding places to fly shouldn't be terribly difficult. Just stay well away from airports, stay below 400 feet, and you'll have few problems. As you know, Atlanta is full of Class D airports as well as the busiest Class B on the planet, so keep that in mind.

Reactions: Starling
Hi, Starling. If you're near the north side, check in with Atlanta Hobby. In addition to being a large retailer, they have the expertise and access to drone fields you're looking for.

If you're flying recreationally, finding places to fly shouldn't be terribly difficult. Just stay well away from airports, stay below 400 feet, and you'll have few problems. As you know, Atlanta is full of Class D airports as well as the busiest Class B on the planet, so keep that in mind.

Oh yes, I'm on the northside (Lilburn, actually). Cool tip, I'll check them out!

My problem is feeling confident that I'm flying legally. All GA state parks are restricted (according to the website) and most of the county/city parks have RC/Aircraft listed as a no-no on their posted signs throughout the park. Open fields are usually privately owned, so I'm left wondering if someone is going to complain or notify authorities. All in all, I'm always a tiny bit nervous about flying (perhaps just paranoid). ;)

Off the record? Keep it away from people and their houses, stay below treetop level, and you'll probably have no problems. Heck, you can probably do that in your own yard.

Reactions: Starling

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic