Hello from a Football Coach/Tech Junkie

Reaction score
I am Reagan. I got my Phantom 3 standard recently. I have limited flying experience.

I have flown small lightweight quads outdoors for probably 15-20 hours. I bought the P3 for educational purposes in my classroom (I teach science) and for filming high angle endzone shots during our football games (I am a coach). It helps a ton in teaching the game.

I'm relativley "new" to the RC world, however I worked 7 years in TV News as a producer and occasionally shot B-Roll and packages. I also worked for a cruise line for about 2 years as a videographer/video editor/Sat. Tech. I started teaching and coaching football after that and have been doing it for 8 years. I am a decent video editor.

Hi Reagan. I just joined this forum. I am a coach too.

I am really hoping to create content that progresses soccer. What has your journey been like on the grid iron?

Cheers!

~Soccer Coach Leveraging P4 to Develop ELITE Soccer Athletes~

I would like to welcome you BOTH to our forums.

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

I'm going to be the bad guy here and let you both know, if you don't already know, that using your drone/UAS outdoors for any teaching/coaching purposes is considered a commercial flight. This requires the operator to hold the Part 107, Remote Pilot Airman Certificate. If flown outside to capture video/pics and these are used to teach or review or critique the sport or classroom it is 100% commercial. It even applies if you are coaching/teaching for free as an exchange of money is not required for a flight to be deemed commercial.

Now if the flight is completely indoors the FAA has no authority there and this does not apply. It only applies if any portion of the flight is outdoors.

Sorry to be the wet blanket but by doing this you're placing a lot of liability on yourself and possibly the school/organization you're wanting to help. The good news is the Part 107 is very obtainable and could be something you would like to acquire.

I would like to welcome you BOTH to our forums.

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

I'm going to be the bad guy here and let you both know, if you don't already know, that using your drone/UAS outdoors for any teaching/coaching purposes is considered a commercial flight. This requires the operator to hold the Part 107, Remote Pilot Airman Certificate. If flown outside to capture video/pics and these are used to teach or review or critique the sport or classroom it is 100% commercial. It even applies if you are coaching/teaching for free as an exchange of money is not required for a flight to be deemed commercial.

Now if the flight is completely indoors the FAA has no authority there and this does not apply. It only applies if any portion of the flight is outdoors.

Sorry to be the wet blanket but by doing this you're placing a lot of liability on yourself and possibly the school/organization you're wanting to help. The good news is the Part 107 is very obtainable and could be something you would like to acquire.

That is good info. Not a wet blanket at all, just watching out for fellow pilots. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum @TigerEye and @SoccerCoachJonMinnesota
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: WSCorp65
@BigAI07 & @Marnat3 & @dirkclod
Thank you! I really appreciate your hospitality. I am looking into the Part 107, Remote Pilot Airman Certificate. Fortunately, I live in MN and the weather causes us to do indoor soccer training from November - end of April. So it sounds like the large indoor spaces where we train are fair game.

Posting video:
Do we need to compress footage before posting here?

~Soccer Coach Leveraging P4 to Develop ELITE Soccer Athletes~

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20