Hello everyone!

Reaction score
Hi y'all.

I've lurked here for quite a while before getting a Phantom and opening an account. I recently picked up a P3 Advanced off of ebay for what I think was a good price. Unfortunately none of my smart phones/tablets are powerful enough to run the GO app. After researching I decided on the Nvidia Shield K1. I am definitely not an Apple person and the Shield seems to be the best Android tablet to get.

Well, never say never because, while the Phantom arrived a few days after being bought (early July), the Shield's delivery date was pushed back over a month. I waited a couple of weeks hoping it would ship but eventually I looked at the Apple Minis and found one locally with an acceptable price. I then cancelled the order for the Shield.

The new Mini will be used exclusively for the Phantom (yeah right). :) I don't think I'll regret getting the Mini over the Shield. As of now I have no regrets. I've done a couple of test flights from my back yard just to get the feel for things. Before I took to the air, I upgraded everything to the latest firmware.

Thanks to everyone who has posted their experiences, both good and bad. This site was a tremendous resource for me while I was making the decision as to which drone to buy.

-Bob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers