Hello, bit of help needed.

Did you select the P3P from the pictures in the go app, instead of equipment? Hitting equipment does nothing at this point.

Because when I select the P3P picture on my iPad which isn't connected to anything yet, I get a camera button under P3P picture.

When I select the camera button the app opens up to the camera and flying screen. Now if I connect the iPad to the RC the app will be able to talk to the RC and you should be able to update firmware.

Yes
When app opens it shows a phantom 4, I used the scroll menu to choose p3pro, then the picture changes to p3p but only get the how to tutorials screen. There are 4 buttons at bottom later 3 all work ( do nothing ) but work, but the first button nothing, then I have the sign in option too left ( works, and I did )
Then top right a box looking symbol, it works as well, then there is some pull up missions menu works but show no missions ( makes sense lol )
But no camera option, but I will look closely this time around, maybe I just overlooked it?

However
I've NOT tried with iPad NOT being tethered to Tx, will give that a shot as soon as possible ( I've been trumped by my 3yr daughter, watching Tinkerbell!!o_O AGAIN! Lol )

So needless to say, might be a while!:)

But will update SOON!

As always THANKS!

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
Is there something in the registration process that needs to be done?

The reason I ask is that if I select a bird I don't own like a P3A I get a button under the P3A picture that says "how to connect" if I select the P3P picture ( which I own) that button now says "Camera".

This is with nothing connected to the tablet, so it must be getting that info from the logon to DJI site or a cache on the tablet?

EDIT: I believe the information in question is actually in an IOS cache. Because if I do the same thing on my Android device I only see "How to connect" regardless if logged in or not. I Must connect to the RC in order to see the "camera button" when using Android.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and J Dot
Yep
I tried all that, still nothing, I even tried the cheap hisense android tablet, same, can sign in all that but no camera function.
But upon last tests I noticed the p3 doing weird stuff?

Upon startup I get red lights on 2 arms, and get a fast ( red/yellow/green, over and over a few times, then to a quick 3 blink yellow, pause 3blink yellow, pause, several more times then a very fast green 5 or 6 blink set only once, then fast yellow blink like no Tx signal, yet Tx has green light, and if I turn off Tx, lights on bird stay the same? Fast yellow, and just keeps doing that no matter what. I even rebound Tx again manually, green light on, but fast yellow constant, Is this normal?

Camera starts up good and level, I can control camera with dial, and yaw as well , but nothing else?

I don't know? My brain is tired! Lol
Might just sleep on it tonight and try again tomorrow!

J Dot

Ok
I decided to hook the phantom to computer via USB port on gimbal, opened the log file ( folder is empty? )
There are a lot of pictures, backup info, ect? But I don't know what I'm looking at?

So I grabbed a new card, Unzipped update not the newest but the last 1.8.0 I think?
Loaded bin file to SD CARD, loaded it into phantom, turned on but nothing happened, however I now have a log file, seems to be SEVERAL versions of firmware installed over the past? A lot successful , some failed? But again not really sure what I'm looking at, lol. Still getting the fast blinks no yellows, even with tx on and linked ( green led )?

Anything I should be looking for?

J Dot

Just copy and paste the contents here. Or attach the file.

Do you have a TXT in the root of your memory card?

I have
DCIM ( empty )
MISC
1)IDX ( empty )
2) LOG ( p3x-fw-log-ect ) file
3) THM ( empty )
4) XCODE ( empty )

This is new card

I also have the card that came in camera when phantom arrived, tons of stuff on it but no log file?

Let me know?

J Dot

What's in your LOG file?

I attached in the post above, original card has a log file but is empty ( plus I cannot open with PC ( can only read it when in phantom and hooked to PC via gimbal )

New card has a log file, and can open with PC via memory card reader. Is this normal?

Here are a couple screenshots of the card that came with phantom ( if you see anything we might be able to use let me know and I'll attach it?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

J Dot

If you didn't already do this (I didn't see you mention it), I'd recommend you install the latest version of the firmware on your Phantom. After doing that, try upgrading your remote controller. Follow these instructions exactly.

FYI, I'm recommending you do this since you have no idea which versions of the firmware are installed. It sounds like you currently have versions that are not compatible with one another.

Reactions: J Dot
J Dot, I see you have 1.8.8 firmware in your aircraft. My advice is to never get in a hurry to upgrade firmware in the a/c. It's best that you learn all that you can with the firmware you have. In the meantime if there issues popping up with other pilots, you won't have to worry about it because you let them use their aircraft to do the R&D on the firmware. You have been around nearly as long as I have. I remember seeing your screen name years back. I would think you already know most of everything I have said. Or maybe I missed it somewhere you saying you been gone a while, or something?

Yes FlynFrank,
Long long time, I'm more p2, always have been, but the 3's have always interested me ( lightbridge ) mostly!
I agree upgrade as a last resort, as I'm a STRONG believer of " IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FIX IT! "
But that being said

This aircraft is doing really strange things, not sure why, not just the app issue! Which is obviously priority!

I'm going to try a few more things before the upgrade, as MSinger suggested! ( which may be my only option at this point ) so A+ there!

I'm finding there is A LOT of hush-hush, when it comes to diagnostic or tricks of the trade with these. No one wants to spill the beans!

Like for example
( p2 )
TX reset ( open Tx and press hidden button on mainboard )

Phantom 2 hard reset
( open bird place jumper from F1( bottom pin ) to F2 ( bottom pin ) turn on bird, naza reset to ver. 00.00.00, then you can instal whatever firmware is avail!

( there will ALWAYS be a back door )
Those of you old timers ( those who been here a WHILE )will know what I mean ( door-test-125 ) firmware revert on p2 ( don't worry no longer avail! )
Lol

Anyhow
P3 should be no different ( at least I hope not )!

I believe I've figured out how to hard reset the Tx,
going to test theory tonight!
I believe Button combo sequences are the key to it all! o_O
( you know I can't help myself )

But the bigger question:
Does ANYONE, know the secret to HARD RESET P3p?

This might be a better solution? As of like to keep 1.8.8 ( or at least reload it ) and not 1.9.0. ( if I can )
Plus Id like to know, even if I choose another route!

As of now

Still no connection to app. With any device, bird still weird on startup.
Camera looks good ( green led after initialized ) but I go from normal red/yellow/green fading lights on bird, upon startup to instantly 3 fast yellow pause, 3 fast yellow pause, several times, to a very fast blink of green lights, after this goes straight to fast yellow ( Tx signal lost ), Tx is on , green led ( linked ), 4 white bars, while yellow on craft is flashing, I can turn off Tx, flashes don't change! Constant fast yellow! Until I turn bird off, and restart, then carbon copy all over again, plus occasionally the camera starts at a 45 degree ( roll axis ). But then next time perfectly level, ?

So I'm off to attempt some theories!
I'll let you know,

your time is GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks!

I know I might be going a little fast and ahead of myself, but this is ALL stuff is like to learn! ( weather I use it or not )....

J Dot

Active members of the forum enjoy sharing helpful info freely.
If there were a P3 reset function available to us, it would have been exposed and expressed here, several times already. ;-)

You can always check for your current firmware versions, under About in the Go App.

RedHotPoker

Aw shucks!
I hear you, that is bad news! Bummer!

the Tx reset seems to work, I can get it into unlock mode solid light blue led, 4 bars, but still no input from the USB drive? Will keep tinkering

Holding c1/c2/record button/depressing camera functions button, all 4 buttons depressed, turn on Tx, goes into a new mode ( almost the same as manual binding ), but that is as far as I've gotten, yet!
Will keep tinkering with it!
( but I'm thinking it has to be the newer firmware with USB update blocked ( now I know why the block ).
I get it though!

Ok
Next question
I'm getting mixed signals on firmwares!
Some videos show guys using the same bin file ( tx, bird, and battery )
Bird first, then Tx, then back to bird a second time for battery, then delete from card?

But I'm getting told Tx firmware is different from bird firmware?
01.03.0020 for Tx
And either
Or
01.09.0060 for craft

Is later the correct one!
Or am I missing something?

J Dot

Thanks!

I'm getting mixed signals on firmwares!
Some videos show guys using the same bin file ( tx, bird, and battery )
Bird first, then Tx, then back to bird a second time for battery, then delete from card?
You'll likely save yourself a lot of time if you ignore the entire Internet and just do this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers