Hello and some help, please.

Reaction score
Hi,

My first post here :)

I am considering getting one of these for aerial video shooting and general merriment.

From this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwhDFiTCbQU (read the commentary) , I understand the cameras video quality is not up to the task of top-tier, serious commercial applications (...or, as the movie shows, it might be but only with heavy post-processing).

My other option is getting the Phantom 2 plus H3-3D bundle and couple that with a GoPro HERO3+ Black Edition. With this solution, though, I would loose the DJI native FPV option, including the most useful and amazing new Ground Station feature.

How easy is it to add FPV functionalities to the Phantom 2 ?

Should I lay low and wait for a most probable camera upgrade in a new version of the Phantom during the next 12-18 months?

Thanks for any inputs.

PK

If you are getting started I would recommend the Phantom 2 Vision+ as it is fun but also I find the quality is amazing when I play it back on a huge hd tv. I keep seeing advertising with a tiny flicker of a prop in the shot sometimes so people are using it for TV ads in Australia already. They just need to learn how to keep the props out of their shots. Hope this helps.

Hi,
If you are willing to wait I'd probably say the next phantom will be out around xmas time judging the way dji operate other wise the phantom 2 with h3-3d and gopro is available now. The beauty about that is you should be able to upgrade to the gopro 4 when it comes out and you could always add dji's lightbridge system but its quite expensive. My advice is to wait till the next phantom is out and decide then or you could always get something like the fc40 as a cheap trainer whilst getting the feel for flying and gaining experience.

Thank you for the replies guys.

The limited video modes and the bit rate on the Vision 2+ camera seems to be the problem, as per that link commentaries. If it was not for that, I would go with the V2+ in an heartbeat.

For someone like me, not very interested in electronics and inner works of the thing but more on the aerial video registering capabilities a "full-ready-to-fly-with-FPV" + Hero3 solution like this for the V2 would work great:

http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/dji-phantom-2-fpv-edition-with-zenmuse-h3-3d-1249-p.asp

The tip about getting an used fc40 as a stop gap and piloting learning tool is an excellent one. There's was one on Ebay by a trusty, 100% feedback Italian user which would be perfect, but the listing was removed a couple of days later.

What is your feeling about the next interaction of the Phantom? Will it be mainly targeted at the flying functions or the camera vector of the system?...A retractable landing gear seems to be a must, given the recurrent "propeller into frame" events...

Thanks for your much appreciated inputs.

PK

BlackTracer said:
PhantomKhan said:
A retractable landing gear seems to be a must, given the recurrent "propeller into frame" events...

How does the landing gear affect props in the frame? You must mean landing gear in the frame. Nevermind.

Sure. Sorry for the mistake.

PK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair