Hello and of corse a question

bow

Reaction score
I've flown a few drones but never owned my own. Got a new one for Christmas that wasn't my first choice. Now that I have the bug I need to start doing more research. One of the big priorities for me would be distance. It will be used recreationally as well as for some fd operations. A reliable 2-3 mile would be great. I'm getting lost in the overload of models and communication types. Never mind the mods. I'm going to keep digging but and nudge in the right direction would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

What kind of drone did you receive?

Got a new one for Christmas that wasn't my first choice.

What model did you get?

One of the big priorities for me would be distance.

Your biggest priority will be registering it and obtaining whatever it is in the US the FAA says you need before you fly

Welcome to Phantom Pilots - you can't go wrong being on this forum, regardless of your needs and wants - it is all right here.

Welcome to the forum bow .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Well the one I got was a typhoon h. After the second flight it needs major repairs. It will be registered and when in use for emergency operations we are in contact with the local airports and pd helicopters with one of their reps at the command post. The typhoon was nice. It the more I read the more I see how limited the distance is right out of the box

A reliable 2-3 mile would be great.

I would have to say the Phantom line would be more to your liking - especially for distance, handling and just overall reliability.

Phantoms are where I am leaning toward. No just got to figure out which model

I have a P3A and a P4 - I haven't gone any great distance with either, however a couple or 3 miles is not any effort for either from what I have seen and read on here.

A lot of guys have mods on their controller for stronger signal when flying any distance. Using these enables flying even further than what you mention. Example below I saw on a post here some time ago.

This simple Parabolic refractor will significantly increase your controllers range without any modifications to your controller & at a 1/4 of the price of DBS, FPVLR & other mods. It slips over your antennas, so no need to void dji's warranty buy drilling holes in your controller like DBS, FPVLR & other mods require. It works by focusing the signal that would normally be transmitted 360 degrees & lost behind you, back in the direction of your Phantom.

20150920_144044-jpg.40919

Looking at the 4 just for the obstacle avoidance. Now just need to scrape up the cash

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj