Hello all...

Reaction score
Just thought I'd pop on here to say hi as I just signed up today. My name is Chris and I'm from UK/Australia (long story).

I got my first drone a couple of days ago. I bought the Phantom 3 Advanced, and I absolutely love it.

I've made a couple of flights so far, just within a few hundred metres in a big open space so I can get used to the controls. I fly helicopters (full size ones, as well as driving ships for a living) so it was very easy to get used to the controls, although it's a bit weird being on the ground and not being able to feel what the aircraft is doing. But, I've found that they pretty much fly themselves anyway, so my confidence is growing little by little.

I'm keen to learn a lot more, so I'm happy I found this forum.

Finally, thanks for having me!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Welcome to the forum Chris! I'm in Canada where spring has arrived and winter has moved on. I take it you're moving out of summer and into fall?

Reactions: CaptainC
Welcome to the forum Chris! I'm in Canada where spring has arrived and winter has moved on. I take it you're moving out of summer and into fall?

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm currently in the UK, and Spring has definitely sprung here! I'm heading back to Aus next week for a couple of weeks. Where I live we just have 2 tropical seasons. Dry and Wet. It's always hot regardless.

South of me is getting cooler though. My wife's in Melbourne and she's going to buy a jacket today!

You must live out west. Lol. Spring must have taken a wrong turn on the way to Eastern Canada. It's snowing here tonight. Yuuck. Anyway I'm fairly new here also, having recently bought a P3A. Awesome piece of technology.
Welcome to the site captainc. Is it true that helicopters can be classified as a loose collection of parts moving together in close formation? Lol

Welcome to the site captainc. Is it true that helicopters can be classified as a loose collection of parts moving together in close formation? Lol

That sounds about right.

When I was learning to hover it was described as balancing a greasy ping pong ball on a knitting needle - in reality, it was a lot harder than that!

That sounds about right.

When I was learning to hover it was described as balancing a greasy ping pong ball on a knitting needle - in reality, it was a lot harder than that!

Ha-ha. For some reason I believe you. I always wanted to try flying helicopters but never got around to it. Enjoy your new drone and take care.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20