Hello all

Reaction score
Hi guy's
Not new to Forums just new to yours and hailing from South Australia ....... but don't hold that against me, I moved here against my will ;)

Why is there no Battery Forum ?
I would have thought that a MAJOR Topic, especially since I'm having trouble and that would suit me down to the ground, lol

Cheers Steve

Has anyone tried the new Carbonbird 3 S2500 35C ???

Welcome...Im new here too. New to the Phantom also (It just showed up on my doorstep last night). Im sorry to say i wont be much help with your battery issues but i just wanted to say "hey" and try to make you feel welcome

Not a bad idea to have a battery section.

Luckily I have about a year of heli RC experience prior to purchasing my 1.1.1 to know the do' sand dont's of lipo batteries.

They are very high maintenance batteries that many might overlook and accidentally shorten their life spans by several ways (I.e., discharging 100% of battery, leaving a battery fully charged for too long, not properly storing the battery, not storing enough juice in them for winter storage, etc.)

Plus the amount of batteries we can buy. Most people here use the Maddog 2700 mah. I have some of those and actually just ordered some SMC (or SMG I can't remember) 2800 mah batteries that should be in today.

Thanks fella's
I ordered 3 Nano Tech jobs from Hobby King....so being in Adelaide I may receive them some time before hell freezes over.... ho hum.

The three OEM Phantom batteries I have are pretty much rooted now and I get about 5 - 6 mins out of each,
no-one told me about long term fully charged being a big NO NO but you live and learn I guess.... luckily I'm rich beyond anyone's wildest dreams...lmfao :lol:

I've been on Holidays for the last week and doing quite a bit of flying so I CAN'T WAIT for the new batteries to arrive !!!!

Has anyone had trouble with compass calibration mode ? I do it 5 times a day and it is becoming harder and harder to engage :cry:

Cheers Steve

Well, if anyone is interested the 3 new Turnigy Nano Tech 2.2's are really good.
I charged them all at 1 amp first time and got between 7 1/2 and 8 1/2 minutes each, second charge was 2.2 amps and I got a FULL ten minutes from each. :D

The Phantom 1 has the anti gello mount and the HD Hero 3 Black is in it's waterproof casing... very happy chappy :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20