Hello all, newbie here.

Reaction score
I live in Austin, TX. I just bought a phantom 3 pro. Haven't had the chance to take her up yet but I have turned it on in the bedroom and turned the blades on. The home screen is a little confusing though.

Turning on with blades on inside is never a good idea unless you plan on flying with a big open space. Not judging (as I'd probably do the same if it was new and I could not go outside) just mentioning. I'm sure you were careful.

Hope screen might be a little confusing at first but you should quickly learn the display. Main thing to watch is that battery level. You should be pretty close to your landing location at 30%. Best to land right at 30% to avoid any issues. This gives you around 3-4 minutes of flight in case you need it. While you also want to check the number of GPS sats before take off, the app will now pause until you have enough and with the addition of GLONASS this is almost never an issue (10-15 sats is pretty much the norm). Take it easy on your first few flights. I'd recommend flying in a big open area free of trees. Fly out 50' and back and work out to 100' and then 200'. Don't push those first few flights, just enjoy learning.

Yes, exactly. You hit the nail on the head. Use baby steps. I had the blades just idling. I did give it just a little gas though but I was holding on to the landing legs. Hopefully this weekebd I can take her up. I noticed indoors it says non gps. I guess gps doesn't work indoors. I think I will start off with the auto takeoff and auto land to start. The blades sound pretty cool, nice and load.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4