Hello all have a update?

Reaction score
I want to go film this enormous Crane operating at or local power plant its 1/3 taller then the Statue of Liberty and have gained permission from a property owner right next to the plant not going anywhere near the power plant or cranes just worried about all the issues people are having with new update is it stable enough to fly? and film with or should I give up on DJI? and install FPV booster have never used FPV booster and that has me worried also is FPV BOOSTER as good as the reviews? Thanks to all in advance to those that can help me
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443995199.531559.jpg

Matt are you talking about the iOS Vision app 1.0.52? It seems ok in FPV mode but crashes in ground station. I wouldn't trust it and I went into my iTunes library and rolled back to version 1.0.48.

Be mindful of your RC antenna orientation. Sounds like you may be flying high and not far from where you are standing. Normally, you would want the RC antenna to be vertical so it is parallel to the Phantom's antenna for the best signal when distance is involved. But with a close and high situation, a vertical RC antenna would be using the least antenna surface for signal reception as both antennas would be pointing end to end to each other. The best RC antenna orientation for flying close and high is generally horizontal to the ground. Also, make sure the top surface of your wifi extender is aimed at the Phantom, and consider the height of the crane and power plant stacks when setting your RTH height if at any point they might be between you and the phantom.

I've been in a situation where I have had to fly/film on a property next to a power plant and suggested to the property owner that he give his neighbor a friendly heads up that there would be a drone temporarily flying on his property that day to avoid any unnecessary power plant homeland security concerns.

Last edited:
Map have some commercial D link 19 DBI one Omni and one 74 Degree panel and amps if I need them was looking forward to try booster app I bought to fly drone if feeling better hope to get a couple batteries in with FPV booster before flight they have performed amazing so far @ 640+480 30 FPS out to friends property 5500 ft

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers