Hello all from west Tn

Reaction score
Im old rc plane / heli enthusiast with a renewed interest.
There is most of a decades worth of dust on all of my fuel burning birds.
The forested area where I live is not very conducive to planes / helis, and I don't have a lot of opportunities to even get back to our local rc club anymore but all the recent and growing interests in drones and affordable technology that is going into them, has my attention.
With so many manufacturers providing so many models, i have been hard pressed to make a decision on which one to make my investment.
I had all but determined that the Mavic Pros features would probably suit me best, but with rumors of new models around the corner, I wasn't 100% sure I wouldn't be better off to be patient & not miss out on something even better.
Then, I happened to run across a brand new, un flown, un opened, P3S, a local guy wanted to sell for $350.
I was very skeptical, not knowing the seller, but his story seemed legit so I offered $300 and brought it home last Monday.
I figure, this will let me get my drone "fix", without spending much at all, while I take the time to really figure out which model suits me.
I was pretty nervous, worried about registration problems ect, but, I was able to register with no problem and even activated the warranty when I did.
It took me a couple hours research to sinc up my Android phone with the remote, but I have had a blast all week with it and zero problems, except, the video isnt at all as id hoped.
I have even just about decided to install the upgraded dbs? antenna, just for added peace of mind with all the trees around, it's hard to always maintain a clear signal path.
Anyhow, this forum has been a real benifit to my learning of all things drone.
Cheers!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

My 1 acre flying area is surrounded by trees, most are 80'-100' tall. They have a substantial affect on my range. When my P3 standard was stock, my maximum range was around 500' radius with lots of video glitching. The DBS antenna increased the usable range to around 1000'-1200' radius. On a flight last fall in central Kentucky, I flew 3000' distance with full video. I was flying above the trees from a ridge with LOS the entire time.

I recently purchase a refurb P3 Pro and installed a DBS antenna. From my wooded location in Indiana, I'm averaging around 3000' radius, well below the advertised 3.1 miles. I've been told that amps can make a big difference in operating from a wooded location. I still need to fly somewhere without trees to determine if my P3P can get anywhere near the 16,000' DJI claim.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20