Height test, got scared

Reaction score
Well I thought I'd never do this but wanted to try it once. This is the 3 Standard. Whilst up there I did loose signal but held left stick down and after about 20 secs it came back and had come down about 200feet. Very scared.
So yeh don't think il do this again. Don't need to go high for good photography anyways, I prefer to be safe.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Beautiful scenery.

Reactions: Green Phantom
Oh yeh ha think it was 1000 feet. Not for me though, way way too high haha. I like to see the thing for safety

Nice video of you area.. By the way don't worry about height but also if you fly directly overhead you will lose signal as the RF is not designed for that. So you need to fly farther away in distance then you maintain better signals. I had to go to max height to get above the clouds for this sunrise. I altitude is about 10350 feet and the mountains there are over 13000 feet around 6 miles away. I also flew about 1.5 miles out from the home point to get away from the mountains to get some distance.

P3S with Argtek antenna kit.

Nice video of you area.. By the way don't worry about height but also if you fly directly overhead you will lose signal as the RF is not designed for that. So you need to fly farther away in distance then you maintain better signals. I had to go to max height to get above the clouds for this sunrise. I altitude is about 10350 feet and the mountains there are over 13000 feet around 6 miles away. I also flew about 1.5 miles out from the home point to get away from the mountains to get some distance.

P3S with Argtek antenna kit.

Wow that is some serious distance and amazing view. That kit makes a huge difference. What do you think the standard can achieve? I went right above and lost visual signal at 1000feet. How far forward should I go in order to keep signal and go higher?

Wow that is some serious distance and amazing view. That kit makes a huge difference. What do you think the standard can achieve? I went right above and lost visual signal at 1000feet. How far forward should I go in order to keep signal and go higher?

A P3S is rated for around 1km or 3000 plus feet in prime conditions. The Argtek antenna boosts the signal so that even in areas with interference as in cities, you can maintain a strong signal. So sometimes in a city you might go a 1000 feet distance but lose signal because of all the interference. The Argtek antenna will have a much strong signal so you would maintain signal and not go to RTH so easily.

If you want to fly 1000 feet up then also try and be at least 500 feet distance, more preferably. If you lose signal the default setting in the App is Return to Home. So learn your app settings. You can also change your video settings as well. Can go to landscape and Cinematic mode and also there are modes for sunny cloudy and vivid colours.

A P3S is rated for around 1km or 3000 plus feet in prime conditions. The Argtek antenna boosts the signal so that even in areas with interference as in cities, you can maintain a strong signal. So sometimes in a city you might go a 1000 feet distance but lose signal because of all the interference. The Argtek antenna will have a much strong signal so you would maintain signal and not go to RTH so easily.

If you want to fly 1000 feet up then also try and be at least 500 feet distance, more preferably. If you lose signal the default setting in the App is Return to Home. So learn your app settings. You can also change your video settings as well. Can go to landscape and Cinematic mode and also there are modes for sunny cloudy and vivid colours.

yeh something i have yet to play with is the video setting and modes

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic